Question from Jatin Kapadia
Respected Senior & Colleagues,
Wish U all A Very Happy Dipawali & Prosperous New Year.
You must have enjoyed festival of light with lot of enthusiasm.
My question to all of you is, I want a clarification on the following :
We have given appointment order mentioning dispute jurisdiction as Chennai but employee is working at Haryana. Whether we can conduct domestic enquiry, file a litigation case in any of the judiciary mechanism i.e Labour Court, Civil Court etc... at Haryana.
Please guide.
Jatin Kapadia

From India, Surat
boss2966

Dear Jatin
If one of your workers from Tripura or Assam files a complaint with Labour Commissioner of his district under PW or MW Act, then obviously the worker has the jurisdiction and you have to attend the case filed with Labour Commissioner. But if your contractor or vendor or supplier filed then only the Jurisdiction issue arises. The contractor/vendor/supplier must file only in Chennai as per your specified Jurisdiction.
Within the company level you can conduct the disciplinary proceedings against any one and award any punishment (Minor or Major) and the proceedings paper must be forwarded to Chennai for approval and on approval of the same the punishment must be awarded.
Further if you want any reply from our members, please be specific with your issues and seek guidance. Our members will surely guide you.

From India, Kumbakonam
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.