No Tags Found!

Heena_Bhola

Dear All, I have to frame the travel policy(out of the city) for female employees in the education sector. Management has an inclination towards night travel by train so it can be productive. They are agreed to pay for pick and drop as per actual but I have one doubt: can we force women employees to book only night train?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

From India, Ambala
sanjana-mohanty

You can frame a travel policy for female employees in the education sector, considering night travel by train for productivity. However, it's important not to force women employees to book only night trains. Instead, offer night travel as an option and respect their preferences and safety concerns. Providing pick and drop facilities as per actual expenses is a good step to ensure their safety and comfort during travel.
From India, Bhubaneswar
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Ms Heena Bhola,

You have raised the post with the firm premise or we can call it a "negative bias" that night travel is unsafe for women. A reply by Ms Sanjana Mohanty lends weight to your bias.

However, things are not that bad. Yes, some anxiety is always there when women travel alone. However, considering that night travel by railway is unsafe shows total disbelief in Indian society. Just because of a handful of amoral elements in society, one cannot be dismissive of the society itself.

Travel is part and parcel of my life for the last 45 years and I do find women travelling alone. My wife and daughter travelled many times and the distance was more than 2,000 KM.

I have worked in the hotel industry. Occasionally, we had single women guests. As a matter of precaution, the hotel administration had given instructions to the security department to keep those rooms under physical surveillance.

When women travel alone, they need to be cautious. They need to maintain a low profile and cut short unwanted extraversion. That is sufficient.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.