No Tags Found!

ninpins

Hi,
I think by having policies dealing on homosexuality, it is a kind of discrimination in itself. As long as an employee is performing and adhering to the Standing orders, no should be bothered about the sexual orientation of a colleague. Most of the time, gossipping is the issue one has to deal with, but then this happens when any employee starts behaving in an improper manner eg office romances, extra maritals etc. So no need to single out gays.
Regards

From India, Visakhapatnam
discusshr

Dear Mr.Ashish
At the time of recruitment, we mainly go through ASK (Attitude, Skills, Knowledge), and thats what we are more interested into. After all our objective is to achieve organisation's goal and to grow with growth of an organisation. How actual it matters if person is straight or lesbian or gay? Say if straight is less qualified or capable than gay or lesbian, will company discriminate them or give more preference to straights? What if that (gay or lesbian) get uncomfortable with discrimination and job satisfaction lowers. The result will be exit of invaluable asset from the company.. Will company be ready to bear that loss?
The only concern regarding employee should be his capabilities or talent for his work not what he is(straight, lesbian or gay)?
regards
discusshr

From India
Cite Contribution

Greetings,

I affirm the need for framing a Diversity Policy as suggested by Archna and implementing measures as suggested by Archna, Octavious, Abhirutu, Constructionn and Boss.

Drawing parallels, you don't wait for a disaster to happen , in order to manage them. You put your Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in place irrespective of the threats. Shouting 'Run' ,when the roof is going to fall, is not the best strategy.

Generally, a well framed policy includes all these measures. Implementing them in their absence is quintessential. Tomorrow, if there are any such reporting your company, you don't want to start brain storming on that.

I request the legal experts in this community to enlighten us on what we have not covered so far.

In Administrative terms, I remember, we had to include a partner's name as the first contact and beneficiary, for an expat. It was a dealing with Citibank, so we didn't have to explain much about it. Though, I still doubt, whether an LIC or GIC would allow a partner as a beneficiary. What about Mediclaim, PF and Gratuity? Would they be able to nominate their partners? Please comment on this, if anyone has managed it.

Regards,
(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
dikmitra
Hi
MY 1ST & FOREMOST QUESTION TO THE QUESTION PUTTER :- Do you have any rules or regulation for STRAIGHT cases????
If your answer is no, then just don't make any rules for other cases too.
You have no right to make any of your personal dislike or hatred into Rules & Regulation for others in the organization.
Keep life simple, don't complicate it more then God does for you......
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Mitra

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.