No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: "Picture Thoughts" threads .......
Helped In Tranining Others 50 28.09%
Are Useful For Self Improvement 98 55.06%
Have Enhanced My Creativity 26 14.61%
Have No Impact On Me 4 2.25%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

avsjai

Heaven - German car, American salary,
Chinese food and Indian wife.

Hell - Chinese car, German food, American wife
and Indian salary.

Have a nice week end.

AVS

From India, Madras
avsjai

What is the time?

A man is strolling past the mental hospital and suddenly remembers an important meeting.

Unfortunately, his watch has stopped, and he can not tell if he is late or not. Then, he notices a patient similarly strolling about within the hospital fence.

Calling out to the patient, the man says, "Pardon me, sir, but do you have the time?"

The patient calls back, "One moment!" and throws himself upon the ground, pulling out a short stick as he does. He pushes the stick into the ground, and, pulling out a carpenter's level, assures himself that the stick is vertical.

With a compass, the patient locates north and with a steel ruler, measures the precise length of the shadow cast by the stick.

Withdrawing a slide rule from his pocket, the patient calculates rapidly, then swiftly packs up all his tools and turns back to the pedestrian, saying, "It is now precisely 3:29 pm, provided today is August 16th, which I believe it is."

The man can't help but be impressed by this demonstration, and sets his watch accordingly.

Before he leaves, he says to the patient, "That was really quite remarkable, but tell me, what do you do on a cloudy day, or at night, when the stick casts no shadow?" The patient holds up his wrist and says, "I suppose I'd just look at my watch."

Have a great week end.

AVS

From India, Madras
avsjai

************************************************************ "One thing you can’t recycle is wasted time." ********************************************************** Have a nice week end. AVS
From India, Madras
avsjai

Making Sandcastles

Hot sun. Salty air. Rhythmic waves.

A little boy is on his knees scooping and packing the sand with plastic shovels into a bright blue bucket. Then he upends the bucket on the surface and lifts it. And, to the delight of the little architect, a castle tower is created.

[IMG]http://www.inspirationpeak.com/images/news/sandcastles.gif[/IMG]All afternoon he will work. Spooning out the moat. Packing the walls. Bottle tops will be sentries. Popsicle sticks will be bridges. A sandcastle will be built.

Big city. Busy streets. Rumbling traffic.

A man is in his office. At his desk he shuffles papers into stacks and delegates assignments. He cradles the phone on his shoulder and punches the keyboard with his fingers. Numbers are juggled and contracts are signed and much to the delight of the man, a profit is made.

All his life he will work. Formulating the plans. Forecasting the future. Annuities will be sentries. Capital gains will be bridges. An empire will be built.

Two builders of two castles. They have much in common. They shape granules into grandeurs. They see nothing and make something. They are diligent and determined. And for both the tide will rise and the end will come.

Yet that is where the similarities cease. For the boy sees the end while the man ignores it. Watch the boy as the dusk approaches.

As the waves near, the wise child jumps to his feet and begins to clap. There is no sorrow. No fear. No regret. He knew this would happen. He is not surprised. And when the great breaker crashes into his castle and his masterpiece is sucked into the sea, he smiles. He smiles, picks up his tools, takes his father's hand, and goes home.

The grownup, however, is not so wise. As the wave of years collapses on his castle he is terrified. He hovers over the sandy monument to protect it. He blocks the waves from the walls he has made. Salt-water soaked and shivering he snarls at the incoming tide.

"It's my castle," he defies.

The ocean need not respond. Both know to whom the sand belongs...

I don't know much about sandcastles. But children do. Watch them and learn. Go ahead and build, but build with a child's heart. When the sun sets and the tides take - applaud. Salute the process of life and go home.

Have a great week end.

AVS

From India, Madras
avsjai

Hi,Nelly
For PF AND ESI information click on this URL
EPFO:http://www.epfindia.com/
ESIC:http://www.esic.nic.in/
U will get complete information of pf and esi.
AVS

From India, Madras
Sanjaysblc

dear ch1982 and all ,
incidentally I am sorry to inform that I m not at one with u on this matter. Intention may be good but it harm the interest. we r under the wrong notion that anger will help to get the work done. On the contrary it harms the interest. Father love for child is accepted but it is not at all required . Even strong 'no'- everything possible. Why u are not able to control your anger is the issue to be dealt with.
May be 'unmet desire' to see him success which he has missed in life may be the forced him to show anger. Show anger but never become angry- this is the buzz word. Still I feel that it is possible to have everything without being angry on anyone. This is my experience a teacher for long. The cae of eve teasing should be co- related because it is beyond this purview.
Sanjay

From India, Bhilai
avsjai

"I am willing to put myself through anything; temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level."
-- Diana Nyad, swimmer

From India, Madras
avsjai

The trouble with dong something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was. ****************************************************** AVS
From India, Madras
avsjai

Hello CiteHr Friend,
My greetings to you.
I am pleased to post the “Picture Thoughts of the Day” Part-IV.
Your continuous support and feedbacks are the keys for making again this special post for you.
My attempt is to picturise the relevant words and makes these thoughts easily conceivable.

See and enjoy the ‘Picture Thoughts of the Day’ and pass it to your friends and family members.

Your feedback will be appreciated.
Have a great day.
Thanking you.
AVS.
( Enthused to share once again….)
If you have missed my previous day post, please use the below link to see now:
http://citehr.com <link updated to site home>

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt Respect Fellowmen.ppt (63.5 KB, 647 views)

avsjai

Hello CiteHr Friend,
My greetings to you.
I am pleased to post the “Picture Thoughts of the Day” Part-IV.
Your continuous support and feedbacks are the keys for making again this special post for you.
My attempt is to picturise the relevant words and makes these thoughts easily conceivable.

See and enjoy the ‘Picture Thoughts of the Day’ and pass it to your friends and family members.

Your feedback will be appreciated.
Have a great day.
Thanking you.
AVS.
( Enthused to share once again….)
If you have missed my previous day post, please use the below link to see now:
http://citehr.com <link updated to site home>

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt 3 L’s of Life.ppt (58.5 KB, 608 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.