No Tags Found!

karthick5448
I have undergone clavicle bone surgery, and so far four months I have been doing WFH, March month I had to go to the office due to pressure from my company. Still, I am not able to concentrate on work due to my injury, and my hand got swollen, I asked my management I need two months more leave for complete cure. Still, they are not considering my situation saying its company not norms, what should I do now, Is there any option for me to take two months medical leave and then rejoin.
From India, Karur
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Karthick,

Very unfortunate to note that you had to undergo surgery.

Your query is on the imposition of the "Work From Office" policy on you. You have applied for the "Work From Home" (WFH) option but your company did not accede to it. But at what stage the correspondence has taken place? If it is up to the HR level, then you may escalate the matter. As a last resort apply for the interview with the MD. Before that obtain the certificate from the orthopaedic surgeon specifying your medical condition and why you need WFH. Apply for an interview with an MD along with the necessary medical certificate(s). In the application write your request to work from home is under compassionate grounds and seek exemption from WFO.

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

I believe that the surgery was as not as a result of any employment injury. Medical leave over and above what is available to an employee as per law or as per company policy is purely managerial prerogative. If they have rejected the request, you cannot get it. You can ask for leave without pay for two months. If they are not okay with that, you will have to resign and take complete rest and once you are okay, apply for employment and sometimes, the vacancy in the same company is not filled, you will be considered again. If you make this proposal, some times, they will give a counter proposal of working from home on a reduced pay. The reason why you are called to work from office should be that they are not getting the required result when you are working from home. Again when you are given work from home, they will suffer. But at the same time, if you are taking leave without pay or leave on half pay basis, they will agree. But all these depend on the market and if there are plenty of candidates available, they will prefer to hire a new employee rather than keeping you.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.