View Poll Results: Do we find KRAs/ BSC actually effective as it claims to be ?
Yes 2 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

ashesh
Hello All,
I am trying to work on a very basic system for an ISP to implement KRAs at their executive level. How do i make them break into this new system without much of barriers.
Bala, i saw your pps on KRA which is very informative for us but for new users it can be very put off and boring.
HR thoughtleaders.... any ideas, how we can make this more inviting ???

From Nepal, Kathmandu
bala1

Ashesh,

You have put up the subject of whether KRA/BSC is as effective as claimed to be?

I can give you my experience with the KRA system.

KARA was introduced into our organisation in 1998. First it was put only for Managers and above and subsequent year for all others also. Initially as you stated everybody took it as boring, designed to only curtail fiscal incentives (especially for sales guys). We had an external faculty come in and do four explanation and training sessions of 5 days each for managers first. The faculty made the dry subject palatable. Unfortunately now i do not have his presentations since most of them were done with transparencies. As the first year got over, the managers themselves realised the use of the system and started training for the rest of the employees. Over a period of 2 - 3 years, it was introduced for everybody.

Now the 'down' side of it::: People became so much KRA driven that everything else got lost in it. For example, sales was purely "number driven" and the quality of orders, customer relationship etc were given a go by. It took quite a while to realise this since everybody including the bosses were happy with the company "number" performance going up drastically.

6 years down, a correction process has been set in and BSC has been introduced in the current year. We are yet to see significant changes.

Training, training and training is the best way to introduce these systems into any organisation. All the more better by an external faculty.

Thanks

Bala

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.