No Tags Found!

Udoy
Hi rashgalli, My only suggestion is please 'relax'--you are not alone in this world with such a problem! To summarise the problem faced by millions, the anticipation is nerve racking, the experience in the presence of the 'target lot' is almost deathlike and the post meet is traumatically frustrating to say the least. But, that's not the end of the story. Such phenomena can be overcome with professional guidance & of course with your faith in your self and determination. I have been conducting such professional training for the last 30 yrs. Presently, we are at Hyderabad and conduct training on language, business English, communication skills and various soft skills for both corporate and individuals. It'd be my pleasure to extend our professional guidance and see you at your communication best. Our contact:- The English School, Masab Tank (Beside Hotel Golkonda), Hyderabad 500028. Tel: (040) 273311801, 9247482939. Email:
Gangs

From India, Hyderabad
satish.sudhakaran
Hi,
learnt from your messsage that language is not a problem for you and u find communication an issue.There is no reason for you to fumble before your boss while communicating, that too with a sound language skill what you pocess.Dont look at them as superiors,look at them as your next step of process.Your inputs might be of importance to the management to take decessions and if you are not going to contribute, only because of communication issues then you might have to stay behind.i have a few tips which might be of help to you.
1.Do a complete preparation of the topic that you need to discuss with your boss
2.Ensure QOC(qulaity of content) of the facts and figures you have collected is the best
3.List the probabale questions your boss might ask form the material you have prepared
4.Pen down the answer for your questions
5.stay confident(when you have all relevant informataion on the topic you are about to speak ur confidence level goes up)
6.Look at the situation(your meeting with ur boss) as an oppurtunity to create an impact
7.Do a mirror practice
8.your mental faculties- govern them
9. Keep your mind open
10.start thinking only about how good you are going to communicate with your boss
11. be smartly dressed,and have a good body language(eye contact,posture,voice modulation)
12.IT WAS IN THE PAST THAT YOU COULDNT COMMUNICATE TO YOUR SUPERIORS.FROM TODAY ONWARDS YOU ARE THE BEST
Cheers have a prosperous new year
satish 09944803104

From India, Madras
ACT

Hi
I am sure the replies of so many well wishers, must have given you an insight and a roadmap on how you can communicate more effectively. The key is in the 3p's Preparation, Practice and Performance. I would urge you to list out the specific tips given by the other citehr members, into these three groups and then get a mentor to guide you and test you on the above.
After the initial discomfort, since you are trying something new and different, you will recognize the gains. Remember to use the 3 p formula every time.
Best Wishes
Jacob
Effective Written Communication, English Language Skills, Create Web Content - Website
Academy for Creative Training - Blog

From India, Mumbai
lalvaiphei
Im also looking for a help specially in Public speaking:
I also have the same problem as above that I know Im poor in communication. However, I belive self practice will improve me in days to come. The most stumbling block for me is that I can not stand up among people for a speech. I just lost myself and forget whatever I want to say. If anyone know the key to improve on public speaking, kindly suggest.
Lal Vaiphei.
DM. HR

From India, Delhi
Winniek

Here's what works for me when facing my seniors, especially at Board level:-

1. What is the agenda for the meeting - given formally or hinted at the point I was called in.

2. Know your vital facts and statistics - this I can recite even if woken up from sleep - backing up your statements with facts, figures, scenarios etc gives you confidence and makes you come through as an authority. Some graphics would help if time allows. Still remember to be honest coz anyone can call your bluff - when you are not sure -ask for more time - promise to check facts and research more - then deliver on your promise.

3. Learn the key player and direct the key communication to him through eye contact or non verbal gestures - if you can convince him, the rest will buy in.

4. Think ahead what are the trade-ins in each meeting - who needs their ego massaged, who is the facts and bottom line leader? Who cannot stand off the cuff remarks (discipline master types)? The prepare your communication accordingly..

5. Check your appearance before you show up - that also can make or break your confidence. Also do what you can to relax - breath in, say a prayer, - whatever works for you - you don't want your nerves to lead to a 'write-off' before you even begin.

Good luck - we all started somewhere and one gets better with practice....

Winnie

From Kenya
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.