V. Rangarajan

Dear Madam,

The experience of less than 3 years does not sound even reasonaly big in any body's profile in the choosen area. There is something called patience in any body 's career progress. You are in the learning stage until you gain confidence to see the issues in different dimensions which one will eventually get out of hands on exdperience practice. Money is the drive engine for many people once they feel that are qualified in a job. But this is only one portion of your job and job satisfaction.

You need to wait for the opportunity and the opportunities are disguised in the form of problems. Problems and the real life situations will defintely mould you if you have attitude to observe and learn. If you are taking money as the centre of issue no one knows excepting you and your company the value attached and the return one gets from the employer and employee side.

These days youngsters want everything in short cut and route despite the perils. Be careful on this angle. Remember the career is a journey towards one direction and all of us have to cross mile stones some times easy and difficult. You need to travel not get stuck with one.
All the best.

Rangarajan.

From India, Pune
srinivasv
HI,
Hope you will understand the market. It is not only your consultancy but the whole recruitment market is slow and feeling the heat.
As a responsible employee, you can go ahead and spend more time in understanding the requirement and if possible, meet your client and understand their need in a better way and submit the resumes.
Moreover, you should have healthy personal rapport with your clients inorder to understand and make good closures. This is how recruitment industry works. Anybody can change job but survival of the fittest is the question. There is no guarantee that your next job will have all cushion. So, go a extra mile and prove yourself.
All the best.
Regards,
Srinivas

From India, Madras
Vijay Pandey

@ Mr. Ravi !
What do you mean by full fledged HR Generalist.....as I have seen them...in my consulting assignment with different companies....they are just overpaid clercks.....they do not do anything about HR (neither H nor R).
Recruiters are far better and far more productive for a company. and just for your kind information...now a days companies have posts like Recruitment Director.

From India, Hyderabad
BADLOOSER

Recruitment is one of HR function rightly said Ravi.....
This will not generate enough revenue as full fledged comprehensive entire gamut of HR activities can justify the fat salaries because relative worth of the jobs depends on its revenue generating process........
Gentleman gone those days where people survive with merely one function as fulltime job. We don't call that as job because its already outsourced function and not job........
If you are interested in JOB then you have to take responsibilities for full time comprehensive gamut of HR activities and experience enough to perform those activities.....
Merely Recruitment is not job its outsourced function which is further fragmented into pieces with several break-up of one recruitment process within one business unit....
One job is one job and recruitment is not one job its outsourced activities.........
You cannot earn more because its yeild is very low.....
Badlu

From Saudi Arabia
Vijay Pandey

And I still don`t count my experience in terms of years....I still don`t believe in unilateral loyalty.......And I am sure I will get a new job within a week If I leave this job (or if company fires me).:icon1:
From India, Hyderabad
BADLOOSER

Dear Pandeyji,

Let me explain how 3-6-9 months experience makes difference to the organization....

First of all all those who graduate with MBA did not had enough expertise and command on the subjects because they themself did not ascertain where they stand and whats right or wrong in their perception until someone experience or expert comments on their work whether its correct or not.

I have had many disciples in last my 20 years most of them needed practicle guidance because every situation is not described in the books or theories or labour laws....How to deal with Union and Recruitment of CEO, CFO, Termination letter to workmen and to manager needs lot of experience to deal with....and many more unimited issues without experience you cannot find right person....for example Arrest warrent of Director for misappropriation of PF what HR executive with 3 to 9 months will do?

We go by our past experiences finds gradually climbing ladder of success.
I took 12 years to become Truly HR Manager..But today I go through advertisement people with 2 years expereince become HR Manager.....Only god knows what they manage? If they are managing Restaurent or PAN Shop or Hospital then its OK but thats not enough to become HR Manager because its misleading term.....

When we make comments in favour of 3-6-9 months we must also understand the creditworthynesss of our assumption. 3-6-9 months experience is not experience.

Fresh MBA takes first One year in Industry for orientation with the JOb itself to understand his boss, peers, subordinate relationship...and industry businesss and his role....in the organization..

Second year they start thinking and taking some initiatives under the watchfull eyes of experience Head of Dept....

Thrid year they start taking responsibiities and held accountable for what ever jobs they do........this is where starts actually performing which is their actual experience....

People who do not work for three years in one organization they just runaway once they are asked to perform in their second years and you will come across mmost of the resume with such escapers of responsibilities who did not learned nor they had any experience they add only numbers of 1 to 2 years experience which can not be counted as experience because they never perform they escape from one job to another when they asked to perfrom they search another job....jumping tomany jobs in short span indcates the psychology of candidate that he is not worth and never take jobs seriously....

badlu

From Saudi Arabia
rajnish_cool
Hi namita,

I am also working in a Consulting Firm in Delhi but I am not looking the Recruitmen of Technical. I am looking as a HR Generalist profile from last 6 years.

As you know that this period is RECESSION & at this time I will not sugegst to leave your present job becasue this time wht ever you have worked in this company say 07 motnhs, you worked with cool,minded and your boss & coleagues all are known that today the time is not good. there will be lot of pressure in the work.

If you will change a new job at this time may be you will not satify for that, whatso ever reason is that & to make a good confidence in new job, it will be difficult for you. Wht I suggest to give your good not best becasue u already written witten that you are working very hard there.

If this time you will do or give your output slowly slowly then it will be better & it will not harm your job also.

1. Every boos expect from his colleague that he / she will give the better in his / her work to make his work / assignment easy. No boss can pressure you intentionally becasue he is also facing the same from the management.

2. This time you can search so many resumes from data base but this time all the companies are not in a good position to hire a person on a good salary. its a good job for you to make a good database from the Job prtals. It will make you more stronger at the time whne you search the candidate.

For any suggestions you can make a reply, I will definately help you out according to my experince......

regards :icon1:

Rajnish Sapra

From India, Delhi
sayrahu

Due to this recession a lot of people have lost their job and there is no guarantee that they will get a new one very soon.
You r indeed lucky to have one, plz respect ur job and stay there. 7 months exp is counted as neglible.
The situation u mentioned is a general scenario in consultancy. The HRs that reply yo ur mails have ample times to do that hence they r. But rest HRs are just a scape goat of their bosses who r always in meeting for no reason and they wud never reply u.
Closure depend largely on LUCK . Smart , hardworking recruiters are not able to close positions but people with bad comm skills close more than 3 positions a month. So dont get carried away

From India, Pune
richas001
Dear Namita
Some inputs from my side
a.Situation is going to be similar , even if you change the company. This is not only about yor smartness or effeiciency, the market is in recession, which means even your customers are taking more time to respond. It may not be the quality of the CVs that you send , but it may also be that they may have internal candidates or their business is going on hold.
b. This is also the time to think difefrently , along with individual success celebrate team successes and come up with various options to increase business along with your management team.
c.Lastly , the most important learning that you are getting from this scnario is how to build business even in erecssion time, what not to do, where we an save cost /time/energy. Since you have established yourself alreday , your organization will also give you a creative hand to try out new ways of sourcing CVs, shortlsiting etc. Learn from this and not let this go away.
Hope this helps and All the best

From India, Gurgaon
rashidmusa

I am sure that your job profile may not be lynchpin to the company that creates impression that without your presence company could not function....M I right madam...
Then why did you keep abnormal,and unjust expectations from the company to reward you for megre 1.5 years experience company should reward you this is disproportionate to your experience and job weightage in the market...
Think carefully
Rashid

From Saudi Arabia
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.