View Poll Results: HR Personnel view on this:
Yes I Agree, and recommend the job portal to add this feature. 143 67.45%
No, this will only spoil his future. 69 32.55%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

tarana
hi naveen
i think that it is really good idea to post recruters comment in portal but at the same time i do agree with thajudeen also that some candidates have genuine reason for not joinig but atleast they should tell us about their problem ..most of the time if they are not able to join they don't receive the call so we are unable to come to the reason for not joining.but again going through our senior's comment Mr. Sujeet this section would sometime negatively effect the career of good candidate.so, we as a recruiter should accept this attitude of our candidate as a part of our job.
regards
Tarana

Arsha Mercy

I strongly agree to what Naveen is sayin, am for a year into recruitment, and am fed up of these candidates attitude. Please ready through this, as i wanna share one incident.

One guy, i really need to specify him, if any recruiters source his resume, beware of of whatever crap he says :-x

His name is Anil Gupta, "Oracle Portal Developer" - working in CapGemini, BLR, we were about to send him to Romania for an onsite opening. He was so interested, sent his profile his profile to us, and we spent our time wastin on him by conducting interviews (3 levels) and he agreed to all norms, and we asked for his passport for further visa processing, for that he said he would come directly to Chennai, we again wasted on his Airfare tickets, and he signed the onsite contract, got the offer for 5 times his gross salary of wht he is actually getting in Capgemini. He didnt bring his passport gave an excuse saying he will send it by post (dunno y the hell he came to chennai by wastin our time n money)...was playin the fool around and gave a silly excuse sayin project manager is not relieving him from his cmpy. He just took tht offer for BARGAINING with another company....All my time, effort, hard work, money etc are wasted...am gettin fed up of these type of money minded crooks...

I strongly suggest these crooks should be punished, i didnt wanna specify his name, but my anger and frustration couldnt hold it anymore...

Vexed,

HR Internal Executive

From India, Madras
Jain_Sarath

I strongly believe that your re-imbursement of travels in this case was made a bit early. Usually what we do is re-imburse the candidate of his /her expenses once they start with us. That might seem pretty much odd on first look, but this works fine without any frowns from the candidates if you as a company is established and are an equallent oppurtunity provider.You should have wasted no time in this candidate further when he told you that he would courier the passport, as what I understand is that he put the clause on visiting you personally. Guess you should think of the same again before you make any commitments to the candidates about reimbursing the costs incurred to them.
Anger and frustration are too big things an HR person has to get over to be successful. Dont you think that this has inturn affected you as an unsuccessful recruiter than the candidate?

From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
K.Ravi

Sheesh ,,, u just flushed out your entire frustration it seems .. even i do sometimes on cite hr it helps me to keep cool :-P:-D
From India, Pune
Arsha Mercy

Hmmmh...Well Jain Sarath has a point here, should have been pro-active than reactive, but that guy gave us such a hype and trust by signing the offer n contract, that we strongly n even from mgmt believed he wudn backup...Every activity in this phase is a lesson to learn for a HR person... :(

From India, Madras
Jain_Sarath

Yes it is. HR being the Professional Human behavioral science, we would be learning something new everyday. Cheers and all the best. Rgrds Jain
From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
ra.services

Dear Members,
What Naveen has pointed out is of great relevance to all of us in the recruiting cycle. Even the operations are not happy with No-SHOW candidates or candidates who confirm,but don't join, but that is why recruiters are there in the first place.

I have a few suggestions to all of you & hope that something concrete comes out of them.

1. All recruiters( on company level or personal level ) should stay in touch for regular RECRUITER MEETS.

2. They should openly discuss candidates who are slippery in nature, don't return calls or don't join even after confirming.

3. Recruiters should decide on some common operating procedure, wherein they don't poach on candidates who are being interviewed by other recruiters.

4. Recruiters must call or mail candidates who don't make it to the shortlist or final round selection. These recruiters should also pass their resumes to other recruiters, who maybe having similar openings for them. This will lead to a little loss of revenue, but them everything cannot be done for revenue. What goes around, comes around-you too shall get candidates from the other recruiter.

5. All of the above things should be done honestly & without any back stabbing by other recruiters or companies.

6. Someone above said about a website, wherin such slippery canidates are listed. The website expense paid by all the users, or borne by a select group, which charges others to login to this database.

7. Think big, but start small.............maybe this thing can be taken up at city or location level first & then be implemented across the country with much fanfare, so that such candidates also think twice before committing to go ahead with the recruitment process.

If there are any takers for Pune, please mail me at [IMG]https://www.citehr.com/misc.php?do=email_dev&email=YWJoaXNoZWsuYmhhdGFyYU BybmFjYXJlZXJzLmNvbQ==[/IMG].

Regards
Abhishek Bhatara
R&A Services
Pune

From India, Pune
ra.services

Dear Members,
What Naveen has pointed out is of great relevance to all of us in the recruiting cycle. Even the operations are not happy with No-SHOW candidates or candidates who confirm,but don't join, but that is why recruiters are there in the first place.

I have a few suggestions to all of you & hope that something concrete comes out of them.

1. All recruiters( on company level or personal level ) should stay in touch for regular RECRUITER MEETS.

2. They should openly discuss candidates who are slippery in nature, don't return calls or don't join even after confirming.

3. Recruiters should decide on some common operating procedure, wherein they don't poach on candidates who are being interviewed by other recruiters.

4. Recruiters must call or mail candidates who don't make it to the shortlist or final round selection. These recruiters should also pass their resumes to other recruiters, who maybe having similar openings for them. This will lead to a little loss of revenue, but them everything cannot be done for revenue. What goes around, comes around-you too shall get candidates from the other recruiter.

5. All of the above things should be done honestly & without any back stabbing by other recruiters or companies.

6. Someone above said about a website, wherin such slippery canidates are listed. The website expense paid by all the users, or borne by a select group, which charges others to login to this database.

7. Think big, but start small.............maybe this thing can be taken up at city or location level first & then be implemented across the country with much fanfare, so that such candidates also think twice before committing to go ahead with the recruitment process.

If there are any takers for Pune, please mail me at [IMG]https://www.citehr.com/misc.php?do=email_dev&email=YWJoaXNoZWsuYmhhdGFyYU BybmFjYXJlZXJzLmNvbQ==[/IMG].

Regards
Abhishek Bhatara
R&A Services
Pune

From India, Pune
V.Naveen

Dear all,
What i have raised is , we have to give comment on Bad attitude candidate who are playing with offer letter and fooling the HR. when the candidates agrees to join after getting the offer and turning down matters. Its not they dont pick the call or not attending interview etc...... We also think in broad minded way. I think the issue is going on wrong direction. Issue is about the bad attitude of the candidate.
Naveen.V

From India, Bangalore
padmavishal

Hi All Readers,
I wish to add that, This whole thing is not just about candidate turning down the offer. Its their choice to join the company or Not, but we just need to identify the candidate who don't respect the work that we do. Truly speaking, we recruiter do see around 100 profiles per day and continue with the process. But when it come to identify such candidates in one year, it will be maximum 5 candidates that we really want to put in the recruiters column. Its only meager %age that we want to bring to light.
I experienced a slight variant case, i recruited a person in sales, who also joined our company. After a weeks time it has been found that he manipulated the salary and relieving certificate issued by HR Department, and bravely submitted that it was issued by HR. When enquired, it was found to be false. Later he accepted his mistake and later immediately, voluntarily left the job to join the great infosys.
We should bring such guys to notice.
So Job portals should implement these requirement. Hope this conversation / topic provides sufficient support for such implementation.
Thanks

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.