No Tags Found!

ritulovesmanoj
I don't find this to be a big issue!! i think she must go for it i.e. she must carry on with her mangalsutra if husband is not allowing otherwise if he would be understanding there will never be a problem. I wish no job will restrict any lady to wear mangalsutra.In India its not yet a monopoly of HR to strict their employees to go against culture & tradition, i think collective bargaining will be the right way to solve such problem. Go directly to HR & told them its very important for me to carry on wd ths, rest covering up neck, put it in the purse etc are the secondary options.
Remember don't mix professional & personnel life. For ones sake u have to sacrifice for other.Best of luck & do tell me the result

From India, Delhi
akhilesh dubey

A mangalsutra (also mangala sutra or mangalasutra) is an Indian symbol of Hindu marriage, consisting of a gold ornament strung from a yellow thread, a string of black beads or a gold chain. It is comparable to a Western wedding ring, and is worn by a married woman until her husband's death.

Mangalsutra is one such symbol of marriage. It is not just a jewelry item it has lots of significance to an Indian married woman. It is a sacred thread of love and goodwill worn by married women as a symbol of their marriage.

The groom ties it around the neck of the bride on the day of their marriage signifying their union. It is known by different names in different states of the country.

According to Hindu culture, there are five signs of marital status of women. They are mangalsutra, Toe rings, Kumkum, bangles and a nose ring. Mangalsutra is the most important among them.

The word mangalsutra means an auspicious thread or cord.

NITHYA, thanks for taking the discussion to right path.for a women most imp priority should be her family rather than Job.

We should never compromise on our values,ethics and culture.We are following west but its not good in long run.

India gave culture to the world(Indus valley civilisation) and we only are forgetting it.

The HR or management of such organisations should take this into account.

And how can shoes be weared on neck,a hat on foot a wrist watch on neck.

Please Value our tradition.................. A request to all INDIANS.

From India, Indore
asthananitika
Hello Dear,
To solve this problem, your sister must talk with the HR Deptt. or put off the Mangalsutra while on duty and vice-verse or change the job.
You see, there are certain norms of every company and work profile, you need to abide by that.
Regards,
Nitika
[HR Executive]

From India, New Delhi
K.Ravi PART II

Lakme Revlon Deny Female Staff Marriage Symbols Sachiniti
read this article

From India, Pune
parthasarthi

What's this funy stuff?
Employee's are not shareholders in the company may be in the management of company affairs. Employer's regulation affecting freedom and religious sentiments of employees shall be match as professional requirements.
You sister has to decide whetehr her act of keeping mangalsutra aside temporarily during office time will not harm her emotional attachment or loyalties with her husband.
Partho

From Saudi Arabia
PSMuttagi
Dear Harshal,
Its sensitive issue, the HR in that organization should be aware of Indian Culture whether it is Indian Company or MNC as long as that company exists in India. So that can be directly spoken to concerned HR. We cannot modify Indian Culture but can always alter Corporate Culture as long as employee is happy. Employee satisfaction is important.

From India, Hubli
raveesha
Dear Frined
It is bit sensitve issue.
A traditional Indian lady always expecting wearing mangal suthra before marriage. Once it is in her neck her happines is unlimited.
Even her husband okyed, she wont do.
My advice is let her discuss with her husband, both can take dicission.This is purely husband & wife dicission.
Before that i would like to why employer is objecting.
Regards
Raveesh

From India, Manipal
sarita_thakur12345

you right raveesha i feel the same wearing it or not does not effect relation at all. its understanding between the two
From India, Panipat
Shikha_Singh

Dear, I think its not the employee, but the employer who is mixing personal and professional issues.
Please note, by asking the employee to not wear a mangalsutra, the employee is actually asking her to pose as an unmarried girl; hence I say its the employer who is mixing up personal and professional issues...

From India, Mumbai
ajay_shekar

Dear Harshal,

I think your question can be analysed in two ways

1) As per the job requirement she have to go out for interviews and road show, etc....

Now as she said, it is not allowed to employees (married , women) to waer

mangalsutra, as they have to go on the field

Going out for Roadshow and interview is in agreement but is there any written clause in agreement that not to wear Mangalasutra. If nothing is there you can claim the company for unlawful act. Other wise this has to be decided by court of law. Of course Every Job is having its own meaning to implement in work action but matters effecting religious aspects shall be decided mutually or legal provision of the country. As per my knoweledge such kind of restriction is prohibited but on mutual agreement it can be done.

b) When you look at personal values surely you can select two suggestions given by other friends i) Wearing the designed Thali or ii) Looking for alternative Job.

Based on this i suggest to take opinion of your sister and her husband. Also i strongly recommend to look for future as this should not creat any problems between husband and wife in future. You can earn Money Job etc, but not persons and feelings.

Cheers,

Ajay

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.