amit_goyal_2002

Hi Rani,
Of course we have such clause in the appointment letter but isn't it bad to play with the future of someone by terminating him later on only on humanitarian grounds?? Even if the information provided is wrong, atleast I dont find it gud to terminate him/her and play with his/her future. Better to get all the credentials and anticidents verified before joining.
Your views ??
Amit Goyal

From India, Delhi
ranil
Hi Amit,
Well, this discussion seems to provoke thoughts :idea: on the need for change on BGC.
If we go by disguise on getting info on the prospective employee, do we get all the info we need? might get info on salary, designation and period of employment. If we pose ourselves as a credit card / bank personnel asking for credentials, can we ask abt his involvement as team player or his attitude etc.. So I believe the BGC done prior to giving an offer may not be foolproof in its full sense..
But then as u said there is a humanitarian aspect involved if this is done later on. As I have mentioned earlier the termination can be done on the seriousness / the implication it has on the current assignment. Or else these can be points to be considered in the Performance evaluations to follow. The employee can also be given a written note on the discrepencies identified (as a progressive disciplinary action).
What do you think :?:
Rgds
Rani

From India
amit_goyal_2002

Hi Rani,
You are right that we cant get the information about attitude and all before his joining but even if we get these information after the employee has joined and we get the negative information say he/she is not good team player or attitude is not positive, would we be able to terminate him/her? I think no.
That is why I am seeking such procedure to do the BGC using which we can do it with full confidentiality.. As far as my ways of using disguising method by credit cards way etc are concerned, that too is not sufficient that is why i asked for some other innovative way.
Any such way from any of the member???????
Amit Goyal

From India, Delhi
Poonam Chhikara
Hi All,
Im working with an IT firm in delhi and in our organisation BGC is done with the help of third party. This process is being performed in between offer release & the joining. And i personally feel this is the very right stage to perform the BGC activity. As the candidate is alrady resigned & it is well known to the employer. But it should be done without disclosing the details of the 'would be' employer.
Pls comment on my views......
Regards
Poonam

From India, Delhi
Poonam Chhikara
Hi josabraham
Hahaha....nice question....... on daily basis i ask the same Q to no. of cand 99% i receive following replies:
1. better prospects & growth
2. stagnancy in current role
3. no more projects matching my profile (SW professionals ans)

From India, Delhi
Anubita

Hi Amit

You don't find it good enough to terminate an employee after getting him in your organization on just BCG grounds which is very human on your part. But we can't get the all required information if the employee verification is being done when he is still the part of any organization. I also tried getting information of the candicate by calling his current employer pretending to be a bank executive, but just got the information that he is still working there from this particular period and how much he is getting. Details related to his Technical capability, attitude, egoism, relations with collegues etc. can't be derived like this. For all this information, verification can be done only after the candidate has resigned.
And if you come to know that the candidate has provided wrong details after he joined your organization you can terminate him which won't be wrong on your or your organization part as you already said that you have the clause mentioned in your Appointment letter mentioning the same. The candidate must be knowing this might have happen in advance only, and still if he has provided the wrong details you have full rights to terminate him.

Regards
Anu

From India, Delhi
hraspirant
There are 2 methods of verification:-
1. Pre- Employment
2. Post Employment
In the first case, u verify all the details except current employment.
In the second case, there is no authorization required from the candidate. Bcoz you would have got all the powers to conduct BGC.
Since bgc is mentioned as compulsary compenent is offer letter - there is no need of doing it in disguise. Coming to your second question, if you doubt that the letter candidate have given is fake one, you can always getinto a site called called www.mca.gov.in and check whether that company is registered under government. Ask the candidate to furnish Form16 from the company which cant be fake one.
You can also conduct ref checks with his colleague or manager calling through landline.
Any more advice let me know.
Regards
Guru Prasad

From India, Hyderabad
hraspirant
Hi Amit,
Here is my advice if your question is still not answered.
In these circumstances you have 2 options?
1. Directly ask the candidate in BGC form whether to take reference or not from his current employer??? If yes go ahead.
2. If not, you can verify all other components and current employer once he is releived from the company and after he reports to your company.
Hope your query is answered. If not get back to me.
Regards
GUru Prasad

From India, Hyderabad
Haribdm

Hi Amit , call m at 9789959946... im working with one of the above mentioned company.. i can very much assist u in this regards...Hari
From India
Haribdm

amit , call me at 9789959946 .. il b able to help u in all the clarifications... as I am working for one of the top key players.. in BGC..Hari
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.