No Tags Found!

LAWANDE RAMESH

Dear all,
my factory is registered under factory act. here we don't have contract labour. Pl. guide me for how to register factory under govt.labour department.
my factory is registered under FA act. we are paying leaves as as per FA act. I want to know is necessary to pay the leaves as per other Act--- like Shop & Establishment Act.
please explain me --- sl, pl, cl leaves rules.
with regards
ramesh

From United States, San Jose
isgaur

Dear LAWANDE RAMESH,
if you want to deploy Contract Labour in your factory then first of all you have register you unit under Contract Labour Act.
Second:- you have to understand the difference between Factory Act & Shop and establishment Act. if you are register under factory act then obviously you have to follow rules that comes under factory Act not any other act. both Acts are totally different. you have only follow Factory Act.

From India, Dehra Dun
LAWANDE RAMESH

Dear
Indrajeet Singh Sir,
Haridwar UK
Thanks I appreciate your immediate reply. you have cleared second point but i have confusion in first point that if we are employing direct labour what is the intimation procedure to gov. labour. Is there any ready format for this.
with regards
ramesh lawande

isgaur

Dear Mr. Ramesh lawande, your unit is already register under factory Act. now you have to see how many employee you can hire, this would be very clear in your factory license.
From India, Dehra Dun
varaprasad.avgn

Dear Friend,
If you are appointing employees directly and you were registered under factories Act there is no need to register with Labour department. But you have to maintain all the registers prescribed under Acts such Attndance Register, wage Register, Leave Register Bonus Register etc and they will be verified by Labour department officials under minimumwages Act and other related Acts.
If you want to engage contract labour then you should get Principal Employer Licence and you can engage Contractors and they have to get Contract labour licence and you should comply with the provisions of the said Act.
AVGN Vara Prasad

From India, Kakinada
Anonymous

R J Rammohan
Dear all,
Factory Act is different from Shop and Establishment Act.
If one go through the Factories Act One will understand all the important aspects like leave,
working hours, extra working hours, payment etc
Leave with wages and safety details are given in detail.
Contract Labour Regulation and Abolition Act is another Act. If one employes less than 20 contract workers no need for registration. But has to comply all regulations. If it is more
than 20 w0rkers need registration under this act.
regards R J Rammohan

rramxx

Mr. Ramesh,
The answer depends on whether you are based in San Jose, California (as your note on the top right indicates) or United Kingdom (UK) (as your second note says) or Uttaranchal.where Haridwar is situated.
If you are in India anywhere, the factory comes under Factories Act and the office comes under the Shops & Establishments act.
R Ramamurthy

From India, Bangalore
sambasivakamasani

Factory Act has its in built up system. In case of Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolish ion) Act 1970, you have to get Labour License as Principal Employer, if you intend to avail the services of contractor and his labour if the strength is 20 and above. With the recommendation of Principal Employer, Labour Contractor is also has to obtain the license from the Labour Authorities..
From India, Nellore
LAWANDE RAMESH

dear all,
thanks for your valuable reply.
My basic question was "if we engage only direct labours in the factory without using any agencies is binding/necessary/mandatory to intimate govt. labour department? " If it is necessary what will be the procedure for it ?
thanks
with regards
ramesh lawande

rramxx

Dear Ramesh,
I do not know how it is in USA from where you seem to be writing; but in India, if the 'labour' are regular employees, they come under the Factories Act. If they are 'Casual Labour' (not permanent), you have to follow the Contract Labour Regulation and Abolition Rules (irrespective of whether you engage a Labour contractor or not for the purpose).
R Ramamurthy

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.