amitsinha

hello everybody,
can you all please explain me the concept of HEADHUNTING.
is it ethical?
can we call it an effective HR practice?
how do consultancies go about the entire process?
looking for your guidance on this.
thanks
amit :roll: :P :)

From India, Delhi
Ghouse
Hello there!
I strongly condemn this practice of head hunting, who ever does it. Let us all be fair at attracting the talent. If a company has its worth, the talent authomatically goes there, one need not poach for it.
Big brands in the IT industry are doing it from under the nose of the HR Managers of small companies. Shame on them to apply such practices when the whole industry looks forward to these companies setting ethics and values in the Industry.
I am sorry if I have offended anyone but it's a fact.
Ghouse

pramod

If you can define the term "ETHICS" then I can say whether Headhunting is ETHICAL or UNETHICAL according to you! :idea:
From India, Bangalore
Kamal Deo Prasad

Dear Amit,
All thing is well when your BOSS is on your head, and want result and manpower(i.e. your own survival), I think it not a new term, Please correct me if i am wrong.
Also, Today is the race of talent and good person.
SO don't be upset it all part of HR game.

From India, Mumbai
sreenivasan

hi,
about this ethical or not i think it depends totaly on the environment and situation.. today the think which looks unethical may become ethical tomorrow.
then about this i just got one think in my mind is that one of my friendsaid to me that his company was telling that outsorucing is bad and they will not do it. this was their campaign and one day suddenly they said that since other player have adopted outsourcing strategy. i will also go for it.. so the same day the company outsourced some million value project..
some thing like this headhunting also will become i think so...

From India, Vadodara
faimeen
hi,
According to me big company does not require to do head hunting as they can easily attract candidates through their brand name, but small company need to do this as this is one of the techniques to find resources.
Regards
Faimeen
HR Recruiter

Jejo Thomas
Hi There!!
I dont think its a question of Ethics. We all strive for better opportunity and if someone gets it from others its your incapability to provide it. Put yourself at the place of the person who gets an opportunity as such. Then you will realize there does not exist any "Ethics".

vinde30
Headhunting to used to find the right person to do a particular job...people who are good at what they do, will never upload their resume on job portals. As they choose which company they want to work with.So headhunting is for winners and not for those who wait in the line for their turn.So please Dont talk about Ethics.headhunters Offers you a Job, If want it take or pass it.
And Mr Ghouse You Sound like a looser because you are either never been approached with an offer because you are easily available on job portals,i feel you are one of those who would never go out of the way to get some good results and then find excuses like ETHICS.

From India, Thane
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.