No Tags Found!

Anita P Panicker

Dear Balaji,
Here we are trying to help Savio to solve his problem and achieve what he desire, not a general debate on what majority of people feel. If he lost his opportunity due to the qualification then he should acquire it. And sir I am an ordinary student and had performed very well after acquiring a MBA degree. But you have to get it from a good institute and give your 100 %. So sorry to say I don't agree to what you have stated.
Regards
Anita

From India, Mumbai
V. Balaji

Dear Anita,
Once again you have misunderstood. You may have MBA / IIT / IIM degree. If someone performs well he will floursih, else persih. Performance and having a degree in MBA or two different things. You need not require an MBA degree to perform.
The core issue here is that qualification is not a 'must' for an individual to succeed. Having a degree or qualification, works like a stimulant. Without this also SUCCESS is possible is what the point you need to remember.
If you have MBA degree and also performed well then you need something extra. If someone has MBA degree and does not perform well, will not get him there. Conversely, someone performs exceedingly well and does not have MBA degree, do we mean to say, that he should be rated low? Success comes only when someone puts in his/her hard work, commitment and dedication. Mere degree will not fetch him anything.
V. Balaji

From India, Madras
loginmiracle

Dear friends,
How dare all you people to ignore, the Late Dhirubai Ambaniji. (Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani) He was never been to IITsIISc/IIMs/BSs but he built the empire Reliance Industries and handed down to his learned sons Mukesh & Anil now among the richest tycoons of the worlds. He was only a matriculate, started his career as '"bhajias" vendor and was a gas pump attendant at Aden, Yemen. Started his small textile business only with Rs.50000/- in 1958 and how he built his brand 'Reliance' entire world witnessed. There are many like him in India itself. MBA definitely helps but not essential for an enterprising person. On the other hand not all MBAs are successful managers.
kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
Anita P Panicker

Dear Balaji and Kumar,
Both of you are insisting higher education is not a must to succeed in life, then do we have thousands of people going for professional qualification? Also tell then why do we send the children to school we could save a huge amount of money by not sending them, and all of them can become as great as Dhirubai Ambaniji.
Kumar if you could have spared and read all my mail you would have not posted your reply.
Regards
Anita

From India, Mumbai
Anita P Panicker

Hi,

As all of you never fail to give an example of Dhirubai Ambani, do you know both his children are well qualified Mukesh Ambani had completed his graduation in Chemical engineering form UDCT which is now known as Institute Of Chemical Technology, Mumbai. While Anil Ambani has completed his Bachelors degree from University of Bombay and for masters programme he went to University of Pennsylvania Wharton School where he completed his Masters in Business Administration.

Mr. Balaji and kumar. I really don't understand why Mr. Dhirubhai did not insist both of them to follow his foot step in term's of education.

Do go through this link where you will get the details of qualification great people had acquired.

Top Ten India's Business Leaders And Their Educational Qualification

Again I would like to say if you can get a qualification grab it you don't know when it will come handy. Please I am not trying to put any one down, all human beings are intelligent. Even my parents are graduate's, that does not mean they are less intelligent. We have to change as per time, just what is wrong if you can add additional qualification, yes there is no guarantee, for great job, but the way you see at things change.

Regards

Anita

From India, Mumbai
V. Balaji

Dear Anita,
I think it is high time that we ended this conversation. There seems to be problem somewhere in understanding. I have never uttered it is wrong to have an additional qualification or extra qualification. If someone wants to have MBA qualification, let them; some one else wants to have MBBS qualification, still let them. Let someone go for IAS examination.
No parents will be contended to see their children less qualified or less educated. Mr. Dhirubai Ambani will get their children educated in Harward Business School or any other school. This is not the point under discussion.
It is your concept that you need to a have an MBA to become successful person. It is your personal view and let it be. At the same time I have strong conviction that it is not a must, so as few other members. But in the process, do not expect others (atleast me) to purchase your concept.
V. Balaji

From India, Madras
ksima

Dear Savvio
In my opinion to become a succesful manager one needs experience,maturity,man management,time managment ,should be able to handle the the people of different nature and skill.A good Manager is always recognised by the way he treat his team,how he handles the pressure or the mistake if any done by his team member.
Where as any position has to have a minimum educational qualification, for managers it is MBA because it helps to develop the skill one pocess.
A degree in managment is not enough to become a good manager.
Regards
Sima

From India, Raniganj
Anita P Panicker

Dear Mr. Balaji,
Yes even I would not like to take this further, but just want to let you know that I have never stated it is compulsory] to hold , but it depends on the policy of the organization you are affiliated to or trying to get an entry.
Just one more thing to be clarified, like you even I was sharing my experience as per, the things which I have seen happening in MNC’s and not as you put sell my concept to you or any other individual. I thought all were mature enough to understand this. So you can continue with your belief and let others do the same.
Regards
Anita

From India, Mumbai
Confidential07

Hi All !!

I was just searching for some information in CiteHR and I came across this topic/discussion here. I was amazed to see those genius responses. I really appreciate guys taking their time and writing here about their opinions.

I do not have to but, let me share this. I have overall 12+yrs of experience in recruitment and talent acquisition. I just cut short my words, it might keep the readers interesting here. From this long years of practice, I have gained great experience and become an expert in my field. Indeed, my other areas of exposure comes with some generalist works like, C&B, T&D, EE etc. However, when I apply for jobs - you know what is the response I get...? You don't have an MBA....!!! so we would not be able to take forward your candidature. It really pains. But, there is always a silver line seen on the cloud. Certainly things have changed now, but it will take some time to show up the results, I got chance to do my CS through distance learning from Harvard College and Massachusetts Institute of Technology from USA. Doing well with my course and I truly wish, I should get a chance to tell all the employers that, education is just a foundation but what the materials needed to build a outstanding building is the fire within you and NOT any degree certificates.

My only conclusion is : As long as you have will of fire to run, no body can stop you in wining the race.

Appreciate your time and energy spend on reading my message...

Good luck...

Blessed Bee

From India, Madras
nashbramhall

Goodfor you. Really pleased that you are taking some positive steps. For the benefit of other readers could you kindly post a link to the course that you are undertaking. Thanking you inadvance.
From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.