No Tags Found!

abuptpm
Can someboy help me with the benefits having 5 day week instead of having 6 days of work? Appreciate your valuable inputs. Thx Abu Varghese
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Abu Varghese,
The subject is already discussed sometime ago. Please refer the following link wherein I had given my two comments:
https://www.citehr.com/190753-increa...tml#post848570
Thanks,
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
ACT

Hi
This is a subject of intense debate. However with the emphasis on Work- Life Balance, Quality of life and ample tools to judge productivity a 5 day working is what the world is moving towards.
A 5 day working has the following benefits
- a more motivated and hopefully committed work force
- savings on overheads of running the workplace where most employees take the 6th day as weekend and output is minimal
- the 6th day acts as both a carrot and stick for employees to ensure that tasks are not kept for the new week ahead
- improves the quality of life of the employee and his/ her family
- less sudden absentism for the employees would not want to waste a day as there is the lure of 2 consecutive days of holidays in front of them
There could be many more benefits on a case to case basis and it would vary depending on the type of business and work environment.
Regards

From India, Mumbai
Hiten Parekh

Hi Jacob! Can u please explain.... "A 5 day working has the following benefits - a more motivated and hopefully committed work force..."
From India, New Delhi
kraos_1954@yahoo.co.in

Hi Friends,
It is better for service oriented industry but not for a continuous process industry. If you implement in manufacturing industry then it is going to be very expensive hence work out the pros & cons basing on the type of the industry.
If it is a coroporate office / service industry this will be a better option subject to the commitment / output of the employees increases.
Thanks and regards - kameswarao

From India, Hyderabad
sanjayddeshpande
Less Leaves consumtions More Employee efficiency Power Consumtion Socio eco. benifits such as less Trafic congession and Polution
From India, Mumbai
Paul Preeti
Hi,
I definitely agree with Mr. Jacob. It so much better working 5 days than 6 days.
(i) The employees feel less stressed and have ample time for themselves and their families as well.People have so many household work to do..starting from bank to markets and check up etc etc.
(ii) The no. of leaves taken by any individual is comparatively less.
(iii) People get to rest and stay healthy.
(iv) The expenses of the organization becomes less.
(v) The working days become more efficient.
What do you say Mr. Abu Varghese???
:)

From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.