No Tags Found!

KMP
Dear Team, I have resigned from my company and now 20 days are remaining of 60 days notice period. As my manager previously also not in the mood to leave me and I don't want to stay back in my current organization, now my manager is saying that my ticket resolution count is low means productivity is low as compared to the previous month's productivity and he will compare my productivity count of previous month's with my current count in notice period and on that basis he can extend my notice period, whereas I am resolving all the tickets which are assigned to me in my bucket, but tickets assigned to me are not much more now, also productivity of other enginers is also less.

So can they extend my notice period and I have to stay back and serve a notice period of more than 60 days? As in resignation mail, my manager has already given me in writing that you have to serve 60 days notice period and I am ready to serve 60 days notice period but not more than that. Please suggest here.

From India, Pune
KK!HR

It appears that as regards notice period, there is no linkage of it with the number of tickets cleared. How does it compare with your performance in previous months?
The approach of your Manager seems to be to create some obstacle in smoothly relieving you. So you need to confront such insinuations by replying firmly that your performance in the last month is as good as any of the previous months, this is purely an afterthought being put up now as you have been paid fully for the last month, it is very much comparable with the performance of other employees and that there is no question of notice period getting extended beyond 60 days. You can take up the issue with other higher officials whom you feel would be sympathetic to hear you.

From India, Mumbai
drsivaglobalhr

Dear Colleague,
Good clarity given by our Colleague in his reply.

To add:
Performance and Relieving are no way can be connected hence it not legal.

Legally, what your manager is doing is not right. The notice period arise out of Terms of Appointment / Service Rules/ Standing Orders which seems to be clear in this case as 60 days. Hence there ends your notice period. Obviously, it seems your Manager is trying to put you in trouble to get relieved on time and might plan to drag your relieving.

You may very well tackle it by direct discussion / escalation to HR/ escalation to skip level authority if needed and try to resolve. Till your reliving kindly be double cautious and take more vigilant in your work. Take extra effort in clearing your tickets and show all possible clearing to your level best with out any drop in your normal performance levels.

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.