Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Thank you Noelji for taking the message in right perspective.

The problem is what I call idiosyncratic imperialism. You will find it all around you. Normally motivation of a person you will find at any of the following level:

1.I am always right or

2.So I must prevail or

3. Whatever may, I must prevail or

4.By hook or crook,I must prevail.

Observe the people around you and just guess what percentage will be at what level.

To annihilate idiosyncratic imperialism in our Zero Pathology Ganga we follow two principles.:

1. Every one is welcome but no one is invited.

2. Every one enjoys veto power. We have made good bye to majority must be granted. So when any one to propose any thing he must consult his best conscience and neither emotionally nor casually.

regards

From India, Delhi
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Dear Noelji, Between unity and harmony which one appears to be more diificult/impossible for you? Will you prefer to work for unity or harmony? Comments please. regards
From India, Delhi
Noel
Hello Dr. J,

Wow, this is definately something that needs a good amount of consideration.

In all honest opinion, I see this as a "chicken and egg" situation. Which comes first, Unity before Harmony, or Harmony before Unity?

Unity is the coming of togetherness under a common purpose. This common purpose is the glue that keeps the Unity together but it is fragile glue. Whereas Harmony is a better glue to use and keep Unity together. In fact, Harmony acts like cement for Unity.

Harmony, where factors of the group is in perfect syn with each other. Factors in this group are in total understanding and acceptance that Unity becomes the evolution of Harmony, becoming a Harmonious Unity. However, Harmony has many hurdles to pass before it can evolve, hurdles like discrimination, tolerance, lackadaisical attitudes, fear and such.

I guess for me, Harmony is the most difficult to achieve compare to the two. Unity can be achieve through a common goal, a physical manifestation of a group desire, whereas Harmony is........how do i put this.....an identity with invisible borders, where we cannot be sure if it is truly achieved, where parties are not threathen, manupilated, coerced, forced into actions for the sake of the notion of "harmonious". Until humans begin to seek a higher level of consciousness and "walk the talk" rather than "talk the talk" Harmony will be the hardest to achieve, in my opinion.

Which would I rather work on? I will try to keep my answer short. :wink: Not surprisingly, Harmony will be my choice. Why? because I see that, in order to create harmony, we need to first be in harmony within ourselves. We first as a human needs to change. The process of harmony must start from each individual being and then will it be able to take shape and manifest itself in this world. Humans must first begin to seek the higher self. I believe this to be the foundation of change, in fact, this is how I see change management. I do sound rather idealistic but I do strongly belief that it is the first critical step towards healing this world. Funny you should pose this question, because what I just describe mirrors the teachings of our Aikido founder, Morihei Ueshiba, and this is what I have dedicated myself to learning and when I am competent enough, to spread this message through aikido.

Thank you this interesting question. It help made me "remember" why I stay in Aikido practice. Dr. J, what about you? which is more difficult and which will you choose?

Regards

From Malaysia, Johor Bahru
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Many thanks Noelji for making a beautiful analysis of your self. Certainly if unity would have been looking feasible, I would have preferred that but to me I see some possible success in striving for harmony. So I am doing that whatever I can but IDOSYNCRATIC IMPERIALISM is the sole culprit against harmony.

regards

From India, Delhi
Sanath Kumar T S

I would like to share this apocryphal story set in one of the small towns that dot the Midwest in the United States of America. For its content, this place could be anywhere in the world:

There is a gas station on the highway which passes through the town. An old man sits on a rocking chair in his porch across this gas station and watches people go by. Since it is a small town he knows practically everyone. When cars pass by to fill up their gas tanks, some drivers walk across to him and chat.

One such newcomer tells him that he is moving in into this town and asks , "How are the people here?" The old man answered, "Well, how are the people where you come from?" The newcomer griped, "That was a lousy town! The neighbors were all indifferent and uncooperative!" The old man said, "This town is just about the same."

After some time, another car drove up and this newcomer asked the same question. The old man asked the same question as to how the people were in the town from which he came from. The newcomer said brightly, "That was such a lovely town! All the neighbors were so friendly and cooperative!" The old man then said, "This town is just about the same."

Now, the old man's six-year old grandson who had playing near the porch had heard both these conversations. After the newcomer left, he came up and asked, "Grandpa! How come you gave two different answers to two different people. To whom did you tell a lie?"

The old man smiled and said, "I did not lie to either of them. Attitude is a baggage that we carry with us wherever we go."

Sanath

From India, Mumbai
bala1

Sanath, superb story. Attitude is everything? Is attitude the be all end all is the question i posed when the post was started. Bala
From India, Madras
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

"Hi bala, have you come to any conclusion yet? Is attitude the be all end all?"
Namaskar.
Balaji may like to speak for himself. For me so far as life is concerned, attitude is every thing where as when it is a question of recruitment and career development etc. it is a probability.
regards

From India, Delhi
bala1

Dear Dr,
Yes, that is what I am also getting at - when you consider career development & recruitment, attitude is surely one of the (major) factors, but not definitely the only one.
As far life goes, yes what you have said is the only formula.
Thanks
Bala

From India, Madras
Noel
Dear Bala, Dr. J, Cheers to attitude. This is one that I will be most happy to drink up to. Cheers.
From Malaysia, Johor Bahru
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Namaskar Dear Noel and Balaji,
Thank you very much. I am vey happy that ultimately we converge.
But This is not the end. I am posting a table of attitude ratings for analysis. Just wait for a few minutes.
regards

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.