No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Who will held responsible for Attrition
Employee 49 9.35%
Boss 202 38.55%
Compensation & Job Profile 273 52.10%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

preetk

Hi Dev,
It is really a great question. In my opinion all HR people must know the behavioural science, which includes psychology. HR people are practicing psychology. That is why we insist to call the HR professionals as " Practicing Professionals".
Preet

From India, Bangalore
abharti1

Hi preet, The maslow hierarchy theory is related to recognition. by recognizing each step a human being come to know about his/her self actualization. so the answer is recognition. Regards Aarti
From India, Mumbai
seema singh
Hi Preet and others,
I think members who visit this post, which is definitely getting lengthier and lengthier hour by hour, are not able to make sense of it. Some are still answering the The Great Maslow's theory controversy.
Can we not have an opening page of this QUIZ posting where we keep adding all the questions as they come and tell the viewer which one is the latest?
Otherwise he or she has to go over all the responses to get a clue about its head and tail.
Say What??seema

From India, Lucknow
preetk

Hi Seema,
We can do that, but the ultimate idea of this quiz is to spread the HR knowledge. Let them go thru all the post, but they have to post the answer only to the last question asked.
Hi guys, kindly check the last page of the post and find out the last question and answer only for that.
Do not answer the questions which are already answered and accepted by the person who is posting the question.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
seema singh
Regarding the Question about Projective Tests...

Objective and Projective tests are tests for personality or parts of personality of poeple- their behavior and motivations.

Objective methods are atheoreticla and/or empirical in the sense that they don't require any theory to interpret the results of tests. The results often derive their meaning from empirical procedures such as matching a person's results to those of a clinical sample. Objectives tests are not likely to be based on Psychodynamic (Freudian theory) theory, and therefore the results are considered less useful for providing insights into the dynamics of a person's interactions with the world. The earliest popular tests of this kind was Minnesota Multipurpose Personality Inventory.

Projective tests remain popular today but their hey-days were in the early half of 20th C. They are based on psychodynamic theory for explanation and a major assumption underlying these is that the stimuli which are prone to variety of interpretations will encourage clients to reveal information that they otherwise would not share in response to direct questioning. Thematic Appreciation Test (TAT) by Henry A Murray is a classic example of a projective device. It is measured on Qualitative scoring methods even though quantitative methods have been available.

Compared to most surveys and focus group research, Projective Techniques rely on "Indirect Questioning". For example in Marketing Research, rather than asking the respondent directly about their buying behavior and motivation, questions are framed in terms of other people or imaginary situations, e.g., asking to describe the "dream involving Swiss chocolates".

The stimuli here is relatively ambiguous so that repondent's ability to guess the the expected answers is reduced and bias of "socially desirable" answers is reduced. Some examples of proj. tech. are- Word Association; sentence completion; symbol matching; cartoon tests; objective personification; shopping list analysis; picture drawing; autodriving; thematic story telling; dream exercises; collage construction etc.

In a survey research the degree of freedom are usually less in number whereas, Proj. Tech. theoretically allow an infinite number of responses. Limitless variations exist, for example, in the ways consumers might imagine dreams about a BMW, or construct collages that represent their thoughts and feelings about United Airlines.

In the broadest sense, Proj. methods tend to generate data that originate in what neuroscientists characterize in lay terms as tea "right brain". they tend to encourage emotional, fanciful and visual expressions that materialize to illicit data that are more symbolic, metaphorical and aesthetic. Proj. techniques are able to access primary motivations that arise from an individual's urges and instincts that arise from different level of consciousness (Freud, 1911). Such interests are clearly the direct concern of the marketers with communication; product design; and brand positioning.

Dev, hope this is somewhere near to your expectations. I am not an expert in psychology but trying to find answers for interesting question.

Thanks

seema

From India, Lucknow
devanandmba

Hi seema
Thanks for answering the question
You are close to answer..your answer is very genric in nature..
Can you redefine your answer.... It is not very persise....
1. Put the defination of PT
2. Diffrent types.
3. Advantages...
I know you can do it...
Question is still open
Please others also try
Regards
Dev

From India, Bangalore
preetk

Hi Dev, You need to close this question by today by 11AM. Whoever gives the closest correct answer will be the winner. For today’s question the deadline to answer will Monday 11AM. Preet
From India, Bangalore
thiruhrd
Dear Seema, It’s a good learning for me, try to answer within time phrame to post a new question. It is really intersting. You will compulsory answer it. Thanks Thiru
From Germany, Herzogenaurach
seema singh
Projective Techniques are part of Qualitative research methods. The Qualitative part is divided into direct and indirect. Latter would involve PT and former has IDIs and Focus group as examples. PT involves four types:

• Association

• Completion

• Construction

• Expressive

Definition from wikipedia-

o these are unstructured prompts or stimulus that encourage the respondent to project their underlying motivations, beliefs, attitudes, or feelings onto an ambiguous situation. The respondents are asked to interpret the behavior of others. In doing so, they indirectly project their own motivations beliefs and values and attitudes into the situation.

o they are all indirect techniques that attempt to disguise the purpose of the research

o examples of projective techniques include:

word association - say the first word that comes to mind after hearing a word - only some of the words in the list are test words that the researcher is interested in, the rest are fillers - is useful in testing brand names - variants include chain word association and controlled word association

sentence completion - respondents are given incomplete sentences and asked to complete them

 story completion - respondents are given part of a story and are asked to complete it

cartoon tests - pictures of cartoon characters are shown in a specific situation and with dialogue balloons - one of the dialogue balloons is empty and the respondent is asked to fill it in

thematic apperception tests or TAT- respondents are shown a picture (or series of pictures) and asked to make up a story about the picture(s)

role playing - respondents are asked to play the role of someone else - researchers assume that subjects will project their own feelings or behaviours into the role

third-person technique - a verbal or visual representation of an individual and his/her situation is presented to the respondent - the respondent is asked to relate the attitudes or feelings of that person - researchers assume that talking in the third person will minimize the social pressure to give standard or politically correct responses

Qualitative Information is information based on peoples views, opinions and perceptions.

Advantages

-They may illicit responses that respondents are unwilling or unable to give if they knew the purpose of the study.

-Helpful when the issues are sensitive, personal or subject to strong social norms.

-Helpful when underlying motivations, beliefs, and attitudes are operating at subconsciou level.

Disadvantages

Require highly trained interviewer and interpretor of results. risk of interpretation bias, are more expensive and may involve the subject in unsual behaviors.

WoW...i think its ok...

thanks thiru and Dev

From India, Lucknow
Poo
Hi Preet,
Thanks for starting this quiz.
Infact its a great idea coz we all are getting lot of things to learn & also to share & spread some knowledge.
And for the issue of chking last page, i think in subject line u can add, chk last pg for latest Q.
I hope i m not off track but i thought only to share & advice something to solve the prob.
Correct me if i m wrong.
Regards,
Poonam Sonawane.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.