pgajra

Hi,
I have a flat in Mumbai which is on my n my brother's name. I want to remove my brother's name & put my mom's name. Brother has agreed to get his name removed. I have a home loan on the same flat with my brother as the 2nd name.
I would like to know how can I go about it, what are the things that I need to do to get this changed, what would be a tentative cost involved around this.
I would really appreciate if you guys's can help me here.
Regards,

parasurampur

Dear Pawan,
Change of ownership within family members can be effected by a gift document, the cost of the same for registration etc. may be around Rs.10,000/- or so.
Since home loan is pending against the flat, the original documents must be with the banker, hence it may be a difficult affair. Please contact with your banker in this regard.
Regards,
Venkatesh

From India, Hyderabad
pgajra

hi Venkatesh,
Thanks for the information. Can you also help me with how to go ahead for a gift document where can i get it done, had a word with an estate agent he said that you would have to make a new agree ment & your brother would have to give a written application. as well. costing around 50000, hence i am a lil sceptical here.

parasurampur

Dear Pawan,
All the information will be available with Sub-Registrar office.
Last year, one of my collegue had executed such gift deed in favour of her mother.
The registration charges were around 8% of actuals.
Regards,
Venkatesh

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.