No Tags Found!

babita-mohanty
Hi, Like to understand, how to handle and resolve a strike when the employee and management demand ratio is 10:1000
From India
priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

First and foremost, this is a widespread issue that many HR professionals and managers encounter. I have personally faced this challenge as well and sought advice from experienced individuals on platforms like Cite HR.

Based on the insights I've gathered, I can suggest a few points that can assist us in addressing this issue:

1) Establishing effective feedback channels within the organization can be crucial.
2) Proper communication with employees and management. Transparent and timely communication can help manage the perception of the situation.
3) Use data and analytics to inform decisions. Gathering and analyzing data on employee satisfaction, engagement, turnover rates, and other relevant metrics can help identify underlying issues and track the progress of improvement initiatives.
4) Develop a well-thought-out crisis communication plan that outlines how the organization will communicate with employees, stakeholders, and the public during a strike or labor dispute.
5) If internal negotiations are at an impasse, consider involving external mediators or arbitrators who specialize in labor disputes. Their expertise can help break deadlocks and find mutually acceptable solutions.
6)It's important to have legal counsel or HR experts well-versed in labor laws and regulations. They can ensure that all actions taken during negotiations and strikes comply with legal requirements.
7) Implement employee engagement initiatives to create a positive workplace culture. When employees feel valued, engaged, and connected to the organization, they are less likely to resort to strikes as a means of expressing their grievances.
8) Invest in proactive conflict prevention strategies. Regularly assess and address workplace issues, pay attention to early warning signs of discontent, and take preventive action to resolve conflicts before they escalate.
9) Also if you have a established a grievance committee. Those people can finalize and both the labor union and the employer should agree to form a grievance council or committee. This council typically consists of representatives from both sides, and in some cases, a neutral mediator or arbitrator.
The council needs to identify and understand the primary issues and grievances that led to the strike. These could include wage disputes, working conditions, job security, or other labor-related concerns. The council should facilitate open and constructive dialogue between the labor union and the employer. Each party should have the opportunity to express their concerns and grievances.

Please don't hesitate to correct me if I've made an error or if you have any additional insights to share. Your input is valuable, and I appreciate your willingness to provide feedback.

From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.