mvram444

Dear Mandeep,
this is a small issue why r u taking this so seriously???? Like the way we have best employee of the week on notice board, place a recognision for best late commer, as he feels bad to see his name on the notice board definitely he changes his attitude.
Ram..

From India, Bangalore
Recruitment Professional

Dear Mandeep,
Put him on a critical job, assign him task which is very critical and involved heaps of work and if he is unable to perform properly, show his performance and ask for resignation......
Also, if he is a good performer and always finish his work within the deadline then I must say you need to give him some flexibility after all it's performance which matters at the end of the day.....
thanks
Krishna Sati
+91 955 516 8982

From India, Delhi
Nicky Kandwal
Dear Mandeep,
If you are not getting the managment support, following are the things which can be done to make him punctual.
1. To deduct his salary after the 3 late comings that too only for 15 mins grace time.
2. Else you can provide him flexi hours facility upto 11 am . He needs to slog 8.30 hours or 09 hours in the office. If he does not spend the above said hours then you can deduct his salary as the co. rules and regulation.
I think your problem of punctuality will be sort it out after the flexi hours facility.
If he still not improves then either can be given a warning letter or kicked out from the office.
Regards
sHIKHA

From United States
nicholas.benadict
Dear Mandeep,
approach a friendly measure, just a try, after giving all the interesting jobs, just call him early in the morning so that to ensure he reaches office in time. follow it for 1 month regularly, you will find the change. just try it.
Regards,
Nicholas

From India, Madras
AshokMot
All,
I read in a response from Mandeep that the employee who comes late due to his being late is coming by 9:30 if he is called in at 9:00 or at 10:00 if he is given time to come at 9:30.
So my suggestion is to call him 30 minutes prior to he is required to be clocking in his time card or show up in office. If he is to be given flex hours starting at 10:00am, convey to him in writing or verbal that he has to be in at 9:30am. I hope the problem gets resolved.
What do you think? I am just trying to provide a solution based on what information has been provided as warnings (verbal or written), speaking to management, allowing him to present his case or be on a flex-schedule has not worked to the satisfaction of HR department. Then why not use his (employees) technique. But check that his wrist watch or a watch he goes by is concurrent to the watch he is brig measured

From United States, Saint Albans
Chetan. M
Hi Mandeep.
I strongly agree with Mr. B.Saikumar- dont forget that as a HR you need to play the roll of Counseller also,
There might be some root cause for his regular late coming, inspite of taking diciplenary actions find out the root cause of the problem and discuss with the employee, you can also show this much of efforts you have done to resolve this problem, I am sure that he will definetely understand your concern too.

From India, Bangalore
chandu

Hi Mandeep,
It is very sensitive issue.What I can suggest you you can motivate him to come on time, by implementing following methods.
1.You can place monthly punctual staff list.
2.You can generate in a group appreciation mail for punctual staff.
3.You can also organise a event in month end, by giving small gift for employee, who comes very punctual of that particular month.
I think by implementing this practices you can motivate him to come on time.
best regards
Chandra Mohan Rao
+91 9880136737
Bangalore

From India, Bangalore
1984b
Dear Mandeep,
What I think is Deduct his salary when he came late to office regularly.when he irriated he goes to higher management to ask why his salary is deducted every months.then U give all his attendences detail.and stop his increment .so he can undersatnd that its not good to break office timing.

From India, Delhi
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

Dear Mandeep,
Please answer yourself to the following questions and take a call accordingly
1) Is he the only web designer available on Earth to you
2) Is he that much important asset to your company, u r much in need of him
3) Is he the only employee of your organisation
4) What is the Justice that has been done for other employees who are punctual
5) It is so painful that in spite of the person saying that I am Lazy, he is still with the Organisation. by doing this what message we are sending across to other employees
6) How much of valuable man hours you would have wasted on him.
7) If you could have spent that in resourcing some good designers, you would have got handful of staffs to you
8) Please think Upon...

From India, Coimbatore
Dada37

Dear mandip, i am agree with Mr. sardhar, please take print of reply of mr. sardhar and send your management. regards, dada
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.