No Tags Found!

MeenakshiHrExecutive

@Anand Anil, thanks for your valuable response.
"Type of leaves which can be and cannot be combined with holidays or weekly off. " & "how many maximum persons can take leave in a weak/ fortnight / month" ------ can you give me more idea about it.
I would really appreciate, if you can share any sample leave policy, covering these points.
Thanks,
Meenakshi

From India, Mohali
Pan Singh

Dear Meenakshi,

I suggested some points earlier also, how to control/minimize the leaves during long weekend. You can add the below points in your Leave Policy as per your requirement.

No Holiday will be allowed between continous Leave. The individual must be available either before or after the Holiday. Else the same will be counted as Leave/Absent.

Norms for taking Casual-Sick Leave:-

1 Maximum 2 Casual Leave can be availed in a single instance, beyond 02 regular CL, PL, if any, will be adjusted. If no PL in balance same will be deducted.

2 Maximum 3 Sick Leave can be availed in a single instance, after that Medical Certificate to be produced to the HOD.

3 In a single instance, either Casual Leave or Sick Leave can be availed, beyond the maximum limit PL, if any, will be adjusted.

4 No W/Off-Holiday will be allowed between continous Leave. The individual must be available either before or after W/off-Holiday.

Else the same will be counted as Leave/Absent.

5 All leave should be first pre-approved by the Supervisor/Shift Incharge and must be finally approved by the HOD.

6 Repeatition of Leave around the Holidays & W/Off, is allowed only against prior approval, as per norms, from the HOD.

7 PL will be allowed on accrued basis.

III WEEKLY OFF POLICY

Norms for W/off Policy:-

1 No W/off will be allowed during consequtive Leave/Absent/Holidays.

2 For availing the W/off the individual must be Presented either before or after the W/Off. Else the same will be considered as Absent/PL.

Hope you will find above as per your requirement. You can make modification as per your management decision and company policies.

From India, Delhi
FredAnth

Meenakshi, every organization has to be productive and if productivity is lost then deliverables get delayed. In my opinion such situations must be handled by the Project Manager who is supervising these teams. So any employee who is wanting such leave should first get it approved by their supervisor. The HR department will take stalk of what the Project Managers or the Business Heads suggest. In many cases even if leaves are available critical project deadlines can be reasons why leave is not sanctioned and it should be the responsibility of the Project Manager. So your leave policy should have such a clause 'subject to approval of Proj Mgr"
From India, Chennai
Jhuma Tiwade

Few Suggestions:
Let Line Managers discuss with the teams as they are equally responsible for the leaves and project delays
Ask Division to submit a monthly leave calender in advance. Here you tackle them case to case basis
Keep weekly meetings/training/workshops etc to keep them in office. Attendance mandatory.
In case of any last moment unjustified leaves make it unpaid.
Highlight the recurring cases to the management.
You have to be assertive and firm in your approach since this is always a sensitive issue in all companies. However, i hope with this new rules you ask the bosses not to spoil the employees weekend with business calls etc.

From India, Mumbai
zoyakhan123

All the employees will take leave in office for some or the other purpose. The company may be large or small, but you will be able to find leave management software installed in every system for the employees urgent needs. Giving vacation leaves to the workers will be considered as recognition to their job done.
From India, Pune
jatin_maini

Dear Meenakshi,

In Govt. Establishments there are two types of Leave. One is called "Leave on Average Pay" (LAP) & the other as "Casual Leave" (CL). Both the Leaves are different. Employee has to get the LAP sanctioned by Competent Authority before proceeding on Leave. But CL can be availed as & when required, even this can be applied after availing the same.

Now if an employee takes LAP on Friday & Monday, then it will be counted as four days leave. Here it is Important to note if an employee don't avail his max. allowed LAP in a Calendar Year, then the balance av. leave will be credited to his account with a capping of max. 300 days. At the time of his resignation or Retirement, the employee will get encashment of those no. of Leave available at his Credit. We feel this policy can encourage Employees to save his Leave (LAP) to the max extent.

But in case of CL, the leave is debited from Employees' Account for the same no. of days, irrespective of the weekday, the CL has been availed.

Hope this Policy can solve your Problem to a greater extent.

Regards
Optimus Consultants

From India
MeenakshiHrExecutive

Dear Friends,
Thank you all for such a valuable feedback and suggestion. I am working on drafting a leave policy, based on the points we have discussed so far.
I will contact you people again, if need any help on the same.
By the time, Please do share any sample leave policy for reference, which covers some of the points mentioned here.
Thanks & Best Regards,
Meenakshi

From India, Mohali
zoyakhan123

My suggestion is to start with some basic HRMS software which takes care of your leave.This software helps the human resource to introduce leaves policies that work in favor of the employees. With flexibility and reliability, managers can track the leave patterns too with the help of analysis report.
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.