varsha3

Every person is unique.So first you should understand what qualities one have & other does not. Check which qualities r more important, which quality are least important in both of them.
check whether they are dealing with extra activities, how enthusiastic & passionate they are about life, job?
at the end you will get the ans who is the right fit!

From India, Mumbai
sara970@rediffmail.com

Hi, i think on the basis of attitude ,presentation skills,body language or ettiquetes etc we can select d candidate..or else see which would be a better fit in particular company culture. Sara.
From India, Mumbai
Goldo07

Hi Tanya!
Both are good means ??? They are having the same skills which are required i.e. Length of exp., Education background, Medium of Schooling, Stability in the previous jobs, University from where gets the Degree. In
marketing Communication skills and Personality is the main assets so compare all such things and than also if both comes at the same platform than try to study the family details and campare it and choose it to the most needy person.
Thanx
Vishal

From Germany, Berlin
radz_here

If both are equally good then negotiate with them on the salary and notice period. After all in the end reduced costs are always welcome! Hr needs to align with business needs too!
From India, Ahmadabad
ninpins

Hi Have u done a reference check? That could help you in deciding. Else choose the one who is more pleasant. It helps in the long run. It would refelct his/her attitude as well. Regards
From India, Visakhapatnam
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

Hi,
When both the candidates have equal qualifications, accomplishments and skills., then we have to examine their attitudes. The attitude towards their work, goal, behaviour, innovativity etc. Test their problem solving skills, how efficient they think and their approach towards resolution. We defnitely find some difference between the both.
Thanks & Regards
CRK

From India, Vijayawada
pratapkamble

I would chose one who fits the positions current and future requirments. Here comes his attitude,soft skills,vision ,passion,comittment etc. regards pratap
From India, Pune
Pravinbgupta
Hi Tanya, Looking at your e.g. Mktg Mgr. I would choose the person who has quality communication skill & Knowledge of Market towards the applied organisation JD. Warm Regards Pravin
From India
Sharad Shah

Dear thisistanya;

Remember the nature never repeats anything. That is the universal law. No two leaves on this earth are same, then how two human can be? They may look similar, but can not be the same.

Secondly, during the interview, several other things are also assessed, like family background of a candidate, soft skills, personality, attitude towards different situation, hobbies and many more considering the post and the responsibility expected from that employee on the offered post. An interviewer needs to distingue the differences, between those two. There are ways and techniques to evaluate certain qualities of a persons and an interviewer should know it. Moreover an interviewer should be clear about the required quality of a person for the post to be offered.

I hope you will agree with my views.

His Blessings;

Shard Shah

NB: I would like to say something more from my experience, that it is not possible to judge a person in few minutes interview. Many a time the judgment proves wrong, when the expected results are not yielded. I learned that the culture of the corporate house is more important rather then the candidate, as several good candidates are failed or became lethargic, if the culture of that corporate is such. On the other end, several dull candidates proved better performer, in good cultured corporate. I shall be happy to read views of other members on this subject.

From India, Ahmadabad
Neel Ganesh

I would go through their past contributions to their individual organizations in terms of progress, sales, info for the company's new product development, commitment to organizational growth and ethics. There are so many ways to assess that rather than just qualification and skills which are only a passport and an actual Visa/for a job is given based on individual excellence over other entry point pre-requisites. Definitely their previous salaries, contribution can't be the same. We can have our clear yardstick based on that. If one made a sincere attempt and even failed and their positive sharing of that experience will make me the worthy candidate as I would look for an aggressive and pleasing, performance aspiring salesman without any dilemma.

If I have more budget, I will recruit both and put on probation for 3 months in different zones and then decide based on their performance in our organization to keep the right candidate. If one drops out without joining out of fear or jealousy and due to that clearly it will indicate, that person is not a risk taker and want personal comforts over performance challenges which is not good in the sales.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.