ADVOCATE F18 KARKARDOOMA COURT,
KARKARDOOMA
NEW DELHI
Mobile : 9891874077
Email : advosandip@gmail.com
April 15, 2012
------------------- sachin … Querist
O P I N I O N
I refer to the Querist’s email dated April 13, 2012.
The Querist seeks my opinion as to certain employees having made a claim for gratuity, who have worked for four years and in the fifth year, have worked for 240 days but have not completed five years of service. The Querist further seeks my opinion as to whether the concerned employees in such a case would be entitled to payment of gratuity under the provisions of the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 (the said Act)
The Querist’s kind attention is invited to Section 4(1) of the Payment of Gratuity Act, which is reproduced as under:
“Gratuity shall be payable to an employee on the termination of his employment after he has rendered continuous service for not less than five years:-
(a) on

From India, Delhi
suhaskhambe

There was typing error in this post:if employee has completed 4 years and 8 months of service. if the employee has not taken Leaves without pay for more then 20 days then he will be eligible for Gratuity. as per HC decisions employee completing 4 year and 8 moth is eligible. last eight moths are considered as 1 year if the days calculations comes to 240 days total (Paid Woff+Actual Working+ Paid Holidays). 1 year= 240 days 1 month =24 days if month contains 30 days on average then =30*8=240
attribution https://www.citehr.com/450869-gratui...#ixzz2KwkYRESj

From India, Mumbai
suhaskhambe

Dear Sumit ji, there was typing error in this post:he employee has completed 4 years and 8 months of service. if the employee has not taken Leaves without pay . as per HC decisions employee completing 4 year and 8 moth is eligible. last eight moths are considered as 1 year if the days calculations comes to 240 days total (Paid Woff+Actual Working+ Paid Holidays). 1 year= 240 days 1 month =24 days if month contains 30 days on average then =30*8=240
attribution https://www.citehr.com/450869-gratui...#ixzz2Kwjt76E5

From India, Mumbai
lenikutt53
Dear
Though everybody has commented that you are eligible. I am also having same view however you have to check that whether your MNC is situvated in SEZ. Some the labour laws are not applicable to the companies working in SEZ
rgds
MS Lenin

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
rams. HR

Dear Hari, Sure you are eligible after completion of 240 working days in your 5th year and the notice period also includes in your working days as per sec 4 of Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
From India, Hyderabad
bk mohanty

He did not complete 5 years tenure ,hence not entitled. regards bk mohanty Cypress Management Associates 9937822563
From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.