No Tags Found!

Sheeja Patkar
Hi HR Folks,
I work as an HR Generalist for an IT division of an MNC. We are facing the issue of poor hit rate and high offer decline rates amongst candidates these days.
Would like to do some Root Cause Analysis on this problem. Also what do you feel is the reason for this increasing phenomenon.
Your valuable inputs would be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Sheeja

From United States, Piscataway
anandacharya

Hi!!!

There are 2 issues poor hit rate and offer decline.

As for the poor hit rate, the recruitment process need to be streamlined. Possibly the JD is not correct or not properly understood. The recruiter may not be aware of the sources where the right fit is available and so on.

Hence a proper review of the process and recruiter training on company's business need to be done.

As for the offer decline, you need to analyse the reasons for offer decline. Are these offers declined upfront? or are they declined afterwards? A compensation Survey may be conducted to gather the current CTC trends in your industry and suitable corrections may be made.... Also the offers need to be explained carefully and convincingly and professional benefits from joining the company needs to be discussed in detail. If possible a career path may be discussed with the candidate to explain his future in the company. If possible a broad overview of the company's growth plan may also be discussed. An aggressive follow up with the candidate may help to build rapport with the candidate. These measures usually work. However the problem is universal.

Hope these inputs will help.

Anand

From India, Ulhasnagar
hr_hari

As A HR consultant I would like to share my views.
Generally if the recruiment process is little fast, then it will help in reducing offer declines.
Coz, When you offer them and put a joining date with huge gap then the candidate has the option to look for better opening than you offer. This is Actually giving room for him/her to look for a better option.
So i would suggets to make the joining date ASAP.
Next thing as discussed by others is CTC. When you offer the best package there is no need for the candidate to decline the offer.
we cannot remove the offer declines completely but we can reduce the % of decline gradually.
If a person declines the offer.. Followup and get the reason for decline and evaluate the reason.
As a HR profnl gut feeling will help us a lot.
Anyways its jus my thoughts..
Hope its useful. Correct me if i am wrong.

From India, Madras
vamsikirans

HI

I think the Root Cause Analysis of the 2 issues raised would help:

1. Poor Hit Rate

2. Offer Decline

The causes for the first point could, among other things, be:

- The right segment may not be focused on

- The selection process might need to be relooked at and changed as required

- (As of our colleagues pointed out,) The JD might need a relook

- The Competence Mapping might also need a relook

- Recruiters may need to be trained

etc

As for the causes for the second point, I think we all should remember that, the host of regular HR activities could be summed up as "Selling the company/ job to the present/ prospective employee(s)". Given that, the reasons for the second issue could be

- More clarity in the offer/ benefits/ career growth etc

- The "Right" assessment of prospective employees

- U may need to consider Psychometric Evaluation in the selection process, to identify the hidden "needs" of the applicants (so that you may customize your offer to address them)

Hope this helps you.

regards

VAMSI

svsrana

good idea..
Root cause analysis might shed some light n why ppl do not join,
However my advice is pref run a good exit interview, 2-3 months after an employee leaves and is firmly settled in the new job. The exit interview must hv a singular purose ie the organsiations wants employee feedback to improve on policies/ procedures/ systems/ competitor standing etc. Do not blend it with counter offers
surya

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.