No Tags Found!

Nisha Chugh
Hi, My organization kept my first-month's half salary as a security deposit. Now I am switching job and not able to serve one month's notice period. And they are not ready to pay my one month salary and security deposit both. But I think they can keep my security deposit only. So what can I do in this case. pls guide.
From India, Delhi
pallavi-dwivedi
Hi, so incase you are unable to serve the notice period you are liable to pay one month salary to the Organisation. They cannot keep your security deposit unless it is mentioned in your contract.
From India, Noida
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Holding salary is not legal.

However you are liable to serve proper notice period as per the terms and conditions of your contract or pay one month gross in lieu of notice period. While Employer may hold amount equivalent to your notice period holding anything in excess is not legal. You can make a request to release the salary with the employer. In case if the employer refuse to release the same you contact the Labour Officer of your office jurisdiction for justice.

From India, Madras
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

There is nothing like security deposit unless until have a signed bond.
The employee has to serve notice period on quitting job or to pay in leu of that. In your case that is not happening, so it would be wise to have graceful exit. Once every thing sorted out(Relive letter & BGV) , you can send a notice in claim of outstanding wages or non-payment of wages.

From India, Mumbai
ommygautam

Need to read the term and conditions of your appointment letter. Either is there any clause mentioned for security deposit and as well for notice period. if yes then they can do as per the clause.Also you need to serve notice period as a good employee and if have any urgency to leave the job then you may pay the remaining amount.
From India, Rudarpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.