No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: I LIKE THIS THREAD........
YES 240 96.77%
NO 9 3.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

Very Good morning Ranjana,
Stories are just some reminders for ethics, morality and finally entertainment in our buzy busy daily life....
This thread it just a refresh button like F5......:)
You can also check my other useful threads such as -
https://www.citehr.com/312447-amazin...crks-desk.html
https://www.citehr.com/307617-hr-library-crks-desk.html
https://www.citehr.com/290175-some-u...crks-desk.html
https://www.citehr.com/286937-intere...crks-desk.html
https://www.citehr.com/281161-shocki...crks-desk.html
https://www.citehr.com/257906-stress...crks-desk.html
Thankyou
CRK

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

EVIL BEGETS EVIL

There was once a king who was so cruel and unjust that his subjects yearned for his death or dethronement.

However, one day he surprised them all by announcing that he had decided to turn over a new leaf.

“No more cruelty, no more injustice,” he promised, and he was as good as his word. He became known as the ‘Gentle Monarch’.

[IMG]http://dimdima.com/images/story_image/evil.jpg[/IMG]

Months after his transformation one of his ministers plucked up enough courage to ask him what had brought about his change of heart, and the king answered:

“As I was galloping through my forests I caught sight of a fox being chased by a hound. The fox escaped into his hole but not before the hound had bitten into its leg and lamed it for life. Later I rode into a village and saw the same hound there. It was barking at a man. Even as I watched, the man picked up a huge stone and flung it at the dog, breaking its leg. The man had not gone far when he was kicked by a horse. His knee was shattered and he fell to the ground, disabled for life. The horse began to run but it fell into a hole and broke its leg. Reflecting on all that had happened, I thought: ‘Evil begets evil. If I continue in my evil ways, I will surely be overtaken by evil’. So I decided to change”.

The minister went away convinced that the time was ripe to overthrow the king and seize the throne. Immersed in thought, he did not see the steps in front of him and fell, breaking his neck.

— Based on a story in the ‘Tales of Bidpai’, an Arabic version of the Panchatantra

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

MISERLY BEGGAR

The king was to pass by a beggar's hut and the man was beside himself with excitement, not because he was about to see the king but because the king was known to part with expensive jewels and huge sums of money when moved by compassion.

He saw the king's chariot just as a kindly man was filling his begging bowl with uncooked rice. Pushing the man aside, he ran into the street, shouting praises of the king and the royal family.

The chariot stopped and the king beckoned to the beggar.

"Who are you?" he asked.

[IMG]http://dimdima.com/images/story_image/miser.gif[/IMG]

"One of the most unfortunate of your subjects," said the beggar. "Poverty sits on my doorstep and follows me about like a dog. I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon!"

"Have you nothing for your king except a tale of woe?" said the ruler, putting out his hand. "Give me something."

The beggar, astonished, carefully picked up 5 grains of rice from his bowl and laid them on the king's outstretched palm.

The king drove away. The beggar's disappointment was great. He raved and ranted and cursed the king again and again for his miserliness. Finally, his anger spent, he went on his rounds.

When he returned home in the evening he found a bag of rice on the floor.

"Some generous soul has been here," he thought and took out a handful of rice from the bag. To his astonishment there was a small piece of gold in it. He realised then that the bag had been sent by the king. He emptied the rice on the floor, feeling sure there would be more gold pieces in it, and he was right. He found 5, one for each grain of rice he had given the king.

"It is not the king who has been miserly," thought the man, sadly. "If I had been generous and given him the whole bowl of rice, I would have been a rich man today."

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

POTATOES

Once a junior school teacher asked her students to bring some potatoes in a plastic bag. Each potato will be given a name of the person whom that child hates. Like this, the number of potatoes will be equal to the number of persons they hate.

On a decided day the children brought their potatoes well addressed. Some had two, some had three and some had even five potatoes. The teacher said they have to carry these potatoes with them everywhere they go for a week. As the days passed the children started to complain about the spoiled smell that started coming from these potatoes. Also some students who had many potatoes complained that it was very heavy to carry them all around. The children got rid of this assignment after a week, when it got over.

[IMG]http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/potatoes-1.jpg[/IMG]

The teacher asked, "How did you feel in this one week?" The children discussed their problems about the smell and weight. Then the teacher said, "This situation is very similar to what you carry in your heart when you don't like some people. This hatred makes your heart unhealthy and you carry that hatred in your heart everywhere you go. If you can not bear the smell of spoiled potatoes for a week, imagine the impact of this hatred that you carry through out your life, on your heart?"

The Morale :

We need to regularly clean the unwanted weeds that we grow. We must learn to forgive those who have not behaved with us as expected and forget the bad things. This would keep our mind more open and the cup will always have room for more good.

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

PAUPER & BANKER

Once upon a time there lived a pauper and a banker. The first was as poor as the second was rich. So it was inevitable that the rich man will be happier than the pauper. But their natures were opposite, for the poor man was happy whereas the banker was not. The banker was annoyed of the fact that while he tossed and turned in his bed at night, the pauper slept peacefully and always awoke rested and full of energy.

One day the banker could stand it no longer. He decided to find out why the pauper was a happy man inspite of his poverty. So he summoned him to his house and asked him his yearly income because he believed that happiness could only be measured in terms of wealth.

[img]http://www.kidsgen.com/short_stories/images/rich.gif[/img][img]http://www.kidsgen.com/short_stories/images/poor.gif[/img]

"I don't count too well, nor do I really care. I live each day as it comes and never worry about the next."

"Well, then, just tell me how much you earn in one day," insisted the rich man.

"I earn what I need. And even that would be too much were it not for all the Sundays and holidays when I must close my shop."

The banker liked the pauper. He wished to thank him for coming to his house, so he presented the poor man with a bag of hundred gold coins.

Now, to the pauper these coins, which meant so little to the banker, seemed a great fortune. He decided to hide the bag, so that he would have the money if ever he should need it. So, when he returned to his house, he dug a big hole in a secluded corner of the garden, threw the bag into it, and covered it with dirt.

But from that day on, the poor man's life changed- he began to worry about the safety of his money. Every night he slept a little less, and each time he heard the slightest sound, he became anxious about the safety of his coins.

Finally, he could bear his unhappiness no longer. He went to the garden, dug up the coins and returned them to the banker.

The pauper had learned an important lesson, and so has the banker.

CRK

From India, Vijayawada
sruthit26@gmail.com
One day, a barber was going to the next village. On the way he had to pass through a forest full of wild animals. Suddenly all his worst fears came true. A fierce lion came and stood before him. But the barber gathered courage and went to the lion. The lion was surprised to see the barber acting this way.
The barber said, "Ah! Here you are and I have been searching all the nearby forests to look for you."
The lion was taken aback at the barber's words. With some fear in his heart, he asked the barber, "But why were you looking for me?"
The barber replied, "The king had asked me to catch two lions for him. I have already caught one of them. I guess you will be the next one."
And then the barber took a mirror and put it before the lion's face. The lion saw his reflection and mistook it for another lion.
So the lion ran away to save his life and the clever barber went on his way.

Sruthi

From India, Vijayawada
boss2966

A story for U to read

"Mriga Trishna"

(Author: Unknown)

As the dream of most parents I had acquired a degree in Software

Engineerand joined a company based in USA, the land of braves and

opportunity.

When I arrived in the USA, it was as if a dream had come true. Here at last I was in the place where I want to be.

I decided I would be staying in this country for about Five years in which time I would have earned enough money to settle down in India.

My father was a government employee and after his retirement, the only

asset he could acquire was a decent one bedroom flat. I wanted to do

some thing more than him.

I started feeling homesick and lonely as the timepassed.I used to call home and speak to my parents every week using cheap international phone cards.

Two years passed, two years of Burgers at McDonald's and pizzas and discos and 2 years watching the foreign exchange rate getting happy whenever the Rupee value went down.

Finally I decided to get married. Told my parents that I have only 10 days of holidays and everything must be done within these 10 days. I got my

ticket booked in the cheapest flight. Was jubilant and was actually enjoying hopping for gifts for all my friends back home.

If I miss anyone then there will be talks. After reaching home I spent home one week going through all the photographs of girls and as the time was getting shorter I was forced to select one candidate.

In-laws told me,to my surprise,that I would have to get married in 2-3 days, as I will not get anymore holidays. After the marriage, it was time to return to USA, after giving some money to my parents and telling the

neighbors to look after them, we returned to USA.

My wife enjoyed this country for about two months and then she started

feeling lonely. The frequency of calling India increased to twice in a

week sometimes 3 times a week. Our savings started diminishing.

After two more years we started to have kids. Two lovely kids, a boy and a girl,were gifted to us by the almighty. Every time I spoke to my parents, they asked me to come to India so that they can see their grand-children.

Every year I decide to go to India. But part work part monetary

conditions prevented it. Years went by and visiting India was a distant dream. Then suddenly one day I got a message that my parents were seriously sick.

I tried but I couldn't get any holidays and thus could not go to India.

The next message I got was my parents had passed away and as there was no

one to do the last rights the society members had done whatever they could.

I was depressed. My parents had passed away without seeing their grand children.

After couple more years passed away, much to my children's dislike and

my wife's joy we returned to India to settle down. I started to look for a

suitable property, but to my dismay my savings were short and the

property prices had gone up during all these years. I had to return to the USA.

My wife refused to come back with me and my children refused to stay in

India. My 2 children and I returned to USA after promising my wife I

would be back for good after two years.

Time passed by, my daughter decided to get married to an American and my

son was happy living in USA. I decided that had enough and wound-up

every thing and returned to India.

I had just enough money to buy a decent 02 bedroom flat in a well-developed locality. Now I am 60 years old and the only time I go out of the flat is for the routine visit to the nearby temple. My faithful wife has also left me and gone to the holy abode.

Sometimes I wondered was it worth all this? My father, even after staying in India, had a house to his name and I too have the same nothing more.

I lost my parents and children for just ONE EXTRA BEDROOM.

Looking out from the window I see a lot of children dancing. This damned

cable TV has spoiled our new generation and these children are losing

their values and culture because of it. I get occasional cards from my

children asking I am alright. Well at least they remember me.

Now perhaps after I die it will be the neighbors again who will be

performing my last rights, God Bless them. But the question still

remains 'was all this worth it?'

I am still searching for an answer...... ......... .!!!!

"Love never bounds us But defines our orbit"

With warm regards

S. Bhaskar

From India, Kumbakonam
boss2966

One more story.

EXCESS AND EXCUSES

By Miles Patrick Yohnke © 2010

It hurts me to write this story. But I must write it. I live in Canada, which is seen as a rich country. The country to the south of us, the United States, also falls into this category. As a writer I've been blessed that my work has touched so many lives in so many corners of the world.

I receive many letters. An enormous amount of them come from places where it isn't as good as we have it here. Yet these letters are filled with hope and optimism. Terror and fear are daily occurrences in countries like Africa, India and Papua New Guinea [PNG] just to name a few. Yet when I read the letters from people living in these and many more places, their passion is overwhelming. You also have a great respect for their rich, individual heritages.

You look at Papua New Guinea and discover it has over 800 languages. Each province has more than 20 different languages. Not all of them have the same dialect. The only language that they all can speak and understand is called "Pidgin English." 800 languages means that they also have this number of different customs and traditions. All just loaded with culture and character.

North America is the richest of nations, yet, for the most part, our culture is one of excess and excuses.

Excess: We eat too much. We drink too much. We spend far too much.

Excuses: We point fingers. We blame others. We dwell in dysfunction.

We are rich with excess and excuses. For so many we have a hard time speaking one language. We have bigger houses and bigger broken homes. Divorce is the norm. We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We've learned how to make a living but not a life. It's time that we stop our spoiled, self-centered ways.

Time we look in the mirror at our fat selves. Weak with character, high with cholesterol. Time we wake up. Time we learn that life isn't about 'things'. Time that we use our rich resources for positive change. Time we give back. Help others. Time our lives are filled with purpose. In that we will have a real reason to live.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Widely recognized and award-nominated engineer, producer, writer, poet and founder and C.E.O. of 5 Star Productions, Miles Patrick Yohnke brings many years of experience to the music industry; including many awards in sales and marketing. Yohnke offers consulting in person, by phone or via email. For more info, please contact him at

With warm regards

S. Bhaskar

From India, Kumbakonam
boss2966

RAIN WASHED

Author Unknown

A little girl had been shopping with her Mom in Target. She must have

been 6 years old, this beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of

innocence. It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the

top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time

to flow down the spout. We all stood there under the awning and just

inside the door of the Target.

We waited, some patiently, others irritated because nature messed up

their hurried day. I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I got lost in the

sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the

world. Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child came

pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.

The little voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were

all caught in, "Mom, let's run through the rain," she said. "What?" Mom

asked.

"Let's run through the rain!" She repeated.

"No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit," Mom replied.

This young child waited about another minute and repeated, "Mom, let's

run through the rain."

"We'll get soaked if we do," Mom said.

"No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning," the young

girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm.

"This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get

wet?"

"Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer,

you said, 'If God can get us through this, he can get us through

anything!'"

The entire crowd stopped dead silent. I swear you couldn't hear anything

but the rain. We all stood silently. No one came or left in the next few

minutes. Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say.

Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might

even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a

young child's life. A time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that

it will bloom into faith.

"Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If God

let's us get wet, well maybe we just needed washing," Mom said.

Then off they ran. We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they

darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles. They held their

shopping bags over their heads just in case. They got soaked. But they

were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the

way to their cars.

And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing.

Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they

can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one

can ever take away your precious memories... So, don't forget to make

time and take opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything

there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.

I hope you still take the time to run through the rain.

With warm regards

S. Bhaskar

From India, Kumbakonam
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

THE BEST ARTIST
A despotic sultan who was blind in one eye invited three artists to paint his picture.
“If you do a bad portrait, I will punish you,” he warned, “ but if you do a good one I will reward you. Now start!”
The first artist produced a picture that showed the sultan as he was: blind in one eye.
The sultan had him executed for showing disrespect to his monarch.
The second artist showed him with both eyes intact.
The sultan had him flogged for trying to flatter him.
[IMG]http://dimdima.com/images/story_image/best_artist.jpg[/IMG]
The third artist drew him in profile, showing only his good eye.
The sultan, pleased, rewarded him with gold and honours.
CRK

From India, Vijayawada
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.