G5246
Hi, I am resigning from my current position as a senior sales executive role post. Here in the offer letter, they had mentioned a 3-month Notice period or having to serve a 1-month notice period + 2 + months full hand salary.

Also, I'm going to join a Competitive company, which is in direct competition with the brand but not with my division.
Due to that competition brand reason will this current company reduce the notice period penalty of 2 months' full salary?

From India, Ahmedabad
KK!HR

Not likely. It would be too much to expect when you are going to join a competitor brand. Insisting on notice period service or payment thereof is the default option and is likely to be followed unless the employer is unaware of your next destination.
From India, Mumbai
raghunath_bv

Hi,
Negotiating notice periods and related penalties can vary depending on company policies, local labor laws, and individual circumstances. Here are a few general points to consider:

Company Policy:
Review your current company's policies on notice periods and penalties. Companies often have specific guidelines outlined in their HR or employee handbook. If there's any ambiguity, you may want to consult with your HR department for clarification.

Negotiation:
You can discuss your situation with your current employer. Explain the reasons for your departure and your concerns about the notice period penalty. Some companies may be open to negotiation, especially if they understand your reasons for leaving and want to maintain a positive relationship.

Competitive Company Factor:
If the new job is with a direct competitor, your current employer might have concerns about sensitive information or potential conflicts of interest. Be transparent about your new role and reassure them that you will adhere to any confidentiality agreements you've signed.

Legal Advice:
If you are uncertain about the legal implications or have difficulty negotiating with your current employer, consider seeking legal advice. An employment lawyer can provide guidance based on the specific laws and regulations in your jurisdiction.

Documentation:
Ensure that any agreements or changes to the notice period and penalties are documented in writing. This helps avoid misunderstandings and provides a clear record of any mutually agreed-upon adjustments.

It is important in maintaining a professional and amicable relationship with your current employer is important, as it can impact your reputation in the industry. Open communication and transparency can go a long way in facilitating a smooth transition.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.