Hiren50

Nirlon has a pont. We need a Kerry peckar in Hockey and other sports.

As for sponsors backing cricket, that is the law of demand and supply. Cricket just happens to be the most popular and there is nothing anyone can do about it. If there is a shaameless market, football is a worse example but the fact is that it just happens to be more popular the world over. We need marketeers like Kerry peckar who by introducing day night games made even one day cricket what it is today.

Coming back to the original point, sport today is a profession and the administration and marketing should be done by professionals, like in any other profession. In politics, there is no short term accountability and the politicians are bound to bring that culture to sports administration as well which, as it is leaves much to be desired. One thing here though; I would not mind somebody like Gujarat CM Narendra Modi being in charge of some sports admin considering the way people speak of his performance. Performing politicians would be welocme anywhere.

From India, New Delhi
anil.passion
Hi,
I am thinking that the failure of hockey team in qulifying match for olympic are following reasons
1. Bad politics which is spoling our national game
2. Giving more importance to specially Cricket not others game like hockey, football etc
3. There is no support given by aduince as well which is lead a demotivation and affects the performace of players
4. lacking winning attitude

From India, Thana
K C S Kutty

In or out, is not end of the game. In game like hockey, both teams cannot win. Take it in a sportsman’s spirit. Criticism and personal attack on any one won’t work.
From India, Madras
Hiren50

The Australian who was hired Ric Charleworth has not been able to perform becasue of feuding politics and former hockey great Aslam Sher Khan has been trying to collect MP signatures to get rid of Gill. This is what happens when professionals do not run the show.
From India, New Delhi
Gayathri Mani
Very poor time for hockey team.

There is no motivation for other games in India. We have very good player and even though we don't have good team for all other game expect for cricket.

Cricket should be banned in India for a while and we should have more concentration on other games. We are the Second population in the world and We are not able to produce a good players in our country inspite of huge population.

Countries with smaller size and population have good team and good players. We should think why we have this cause? This trend should be changed.

Apart from cricket government and public should think we have other games in India. Why we are devoted only to cricket? This is because of public? So people should stop watching the cricket game.They should think that they money is been given and spended for this game.

In India their are very good players who don't have no proper work( ie Govt Job, Where other players enjoy it) and also basic amenities like food, water etc... in spite of that they are playing for the country. So it is not only with the fault of the players but also with the government. So it is public responsibility to change it.

So from now we will stop discouraging and blaming the player's who lose the game.we have to help them to get succeed in their life and make betterment for them.

Jai Hind.

Regards,

Gayathri

From India
Kalyanij

hi
its very bad part on india to loose in hockey...
there sould be a set strategy to play hockey and they should be motivated...
as cricketers can be seen in ad's etc.. etc.. hockey players are to be given such importance and should be motivated to play well ...
regards,
kalyanij

From United States, Marina Del Rey
sumitsaxenagist

I think that apart from being a sad incident i the history of India Hockey, this is an eye openner also.

I personally feel that the national game of the country deserves its own importance. We all could notice the difference in our hockey teams for a short while when we had Chak De India!

The reason for this difference was not the movie, but the attention that everyone gave to the game. But there also we went out of the box and started paying all the attention to the coach and not on the game. Therefore the motivation started to fade away with time. Just look at what cricket is getting today. Dhone's Tendulkar's an Yuvrajs are earning in crores per month. The entire country knows them. They have the best resources to coach and train them. The entire world is their playground.

What does a hockey player get. How many brands did we see being endorsed by a Dhanraj Pillai? We have ourself not given them what they need. "Our Support"

Lets stand by them, motivate them and lets not feel ashamed of them. In we feel so, then we must have the courage to stand up and get the gold medal for the country.

I think they must be provided with a lot of support from the country and I am sure they need it more than anyone else here.

Sumit

From India, Faridabad
Hr. Khaiser Ali Shah

India should improve Hockey players performance by motivating them and giving them equal importance to as cricket, afterall they also add value to our presence glabally. We are Indians and Hockey is our National Game; that we should'nt forget.
I love India so I love Hockey as equal as I love India.

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
kriyaz

This is not just a failure of Indian Hockey alone.
Its a complete collapse of Indian Sports System. The system exists just for the sports officials - NOT for the sportsmen.
Indians being sentimental - go delirous with every 6 scored by Dhoni and every 6 crores earned by him.
Seeing this - every politician just wants to associate himself with Cricket only - >> thus all other sports Rot.
India cannot win in any sports until there is a major revolution in our sports administration, other wise
INDIAN SPORTS WILL CONTINUE TO REMAIN
- BY THE SPORTS OFFICIALS
- for the sports officials
- of the Sports Officials
Riyaz

From India, Delhi
Hiren50

Sashi kapoor was one actor in Hindi cinema who earned money in commerecial films to divert his funds to art cinema but when all his films flopped, he had to actually produce a commercial film to get over his losses. Should commercial cinema be banned as it is more popular than art cinema?
All this talk of banning cricket is unrealistic and impractical. Even if cricket or anybody were to support other sports, if the public itself does not like the sport, for how long can it last? Hockey is the national game only in name but cricket is in letter and spirt.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.