Sanjeev.Himachali

Given current situation and a series of corruption allegations on current Government of India, political pundits are loud in speculating early general elections in India. Hard truth is that none of the national political parties is ready for an early election. At this point of time, I believe that the next general elections will be held only in 2014, any time between months of March to May. So, who do you you think will be the next Prime Minister of India? The common voice suggests next general elections as direct fight between Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi, however, I do not agree with this speculation.

There are FOUR possibilities –

1. If United Progressive Alliance (UPA) comes back into the power and Congress either keeps the same count of seats or wins less than 200 seats and yet comes out as a single largest party.

In this scenario, it may be possible that the current Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh will continue his role. If he excuses himself from shouldering the responsibilities on health grounds, then the party president, Ms. Sonia Gandhi, may pick any of her lieutenants other than her own son, Rahul Gandhi.

2. If Congress wins more than 250 seats on its own and UPA comes back into the power.

In such case, If Manmohan Singh steps aside, Rahul Gandhi may get elected as a unanimous choice of the party for the post. Ms. Priyanka Gandhi should be considered as a dark-horse in the race and at the same time Ms. Sonia Gandhi can never become the PM of India.

3. If National Democratic Alliance (NDA) comes into power and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) manages to become the single largest party.

BJP is one political party that has many incumbents who are aspiring to become the Prime Minister. Some of aspirants are:

a. Lal Krishna Advani, the senior most member of the party, and former Deputy PM in the previous regime of NDA,

b. Arun Jaitley, Leader of Opposition in the Upper House

c. Sushma Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in the Lower House

d. Nitin Gadkari, Party President, BJP

e. Narendra Modi, Chief Minister of Gujarat, the most successful CM in BJP ruled states

Despite huge backing from general public and party workers, Narendra Modi does not seem to have sufficient support of other partners of NDA. If he is pitched in as Prime Ministerial candidate, many anti-Modi partners of NDA will move out of the alliance thereby keeping the political stage very wide and open.

From India, Mumbai
louisbritto

better to keep our self out of this dirty politicians and wasting time to think about their strategies and games.
we can do better things for us our family and to our mother land india. Think possitive o do wat ever we can around us than thinking of big picture about the nasty men. Its proven that no one, nun is clean in politics. so better we try to live clean first, that's the real start of new fight for freedom.

From India, Bangalore
Sanjeev.Himachali

Louis, no one can give good future to their kids if the environment is not feasible. You cannot keep your kids within the four walls of your house. They need to move out and be a part of the society. In society, they will find various kinds of people, corrupt, criminals etc. Therefore, we cannot ignore things that are happening in our nation and society.
From India, Mumbai
kraviravi.kravi@gmail.com

sANJEEV
i dont understand how these things can affect us, whether you vote or not you are going to suffer, so best is fool the government pay less taxes , do illegal things, and be a competitor to govt
just kidding,
even if we vote for good persons there is no guarantee that india will become like US.

From India, Madras
Natasha.Suri

Hey Sanjeev,
Very nice article. In the current scenario its very difficult to predict anything but you are analyzing the political situations very well.Lets see what happens in the next elections.
Regards
Natasha

From India, Mumbai
Shraddha Thakur

Sanjeev, That’s a very good article. Its good to bring up all these points and let people know about each and every possibility in the future elections. Keep writing.... Regards Shraddha
From India, Bhopal
Sanjeev.Himachali

Thanks Shraddha and Natasha.
Ravi, I don't agree with the concept of "I will not get into the water unless I learn swimming". Whereas the fact is that in order to learn swimming one must get into the water.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.