No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello everyone,

I work in a private company in Mumbai, India. My company has now changed their leave policies which are unreasonable for the employees of the organization. Earlier we could take casual leave once in a month for any urgency or unforeseeable circumstances which needs to be dealt with on urgent basis. Now, my company wants us to provide leave request 3 months in advance for it to get an approval which is what Privilege leaves are for but they won't take any request for a leave on urgency. The management is saying that if we decide to take a leave on urgency then it will be marked as "Unplanned leave" which will remove us from monthly incentive benefits and will impact on our evaluation at the end of the year. Three "Unplanned leaves" would result in directly removal from the company. The management is adamant on this new policies. We want to know what are our rights over here.

vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

While planned leaves are always appreciated, unplanned leave on grounds of sickness/death of relatives is inevitable and can't be planned in advance. Applying for leave 3 months in advance may not be possible all times. You have not shared the total leave entitlement whether it is as per Act. You can discuss with your HR and if the Management is adamant about it then you may represent your concern to your local Labour Officer of your office jurisdiction.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.