No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I got my first job without any issues, but I left that job before completing one year and later joined hands with one of my friend's startups, which got registered officially after my joining, which we got the local client to start with without official funding. Can it be treated as a freelancing?

Now, I have not disclosed this company to my current employer, and they have found it. I am worried I will be terminated because of not following the principles/ethics.

Will I be terminated because I have not disclosed one of the previous companies? or will they treat it as an ethics issue, considering that I got the job from the backdoors?

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

In case of any question you can present the facts. Explain you had joined your Friend's office just to lend a helping hand but that Company was registered officially. It is always advisable to disclose the past employment details with the current employer.

From India, Madras
KK!HR

Freelancing means you have worked there without any remuneration, is that so? Once the BGV has traced your previous employment more details could be available with them. So don't spin more webs, if factually you were earning some compensation. Moreover, if the company was registered then the company would have disclosed much information including the top managerial personnel and their remuneration to ROC.
How seriously the company would take the information depends on its policy in this regard and we cannot guess it.

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Mr.KK!HR

Freelancer means a individual who work on assignment basis typically for a short period of time frame. They are not eligible for any leaves or benefits which are applicable to regular employees. But freelances are paid based on the assignment and it is not that Freelancers work without remuneration. The advantage of being Freelancer is they can choose flexible work hours , support from home if feasible , can charge on assignment basis or even can claim on hourly basis.

From India, Madras
saswatabanerjee

Please clarify what 'joined hands' means

were you a founder? or an employee? or a contracted staff who got paid for some consulting, assistance, work done? and was it full time or part time? Was there PF, ESIC or anything like that?

The answer will depend on the above

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.