No Tags Found!

bhumika.t
Hey Pradipa Thanks for this article its actually helpful. This has actually become a social/corporate culture problem.. Solution as always is your conscience and commitments. Regards Bhumika
From India, Pune
bhumika.t
thn u shud divorce tht Lalita powar type female and then look out..rather the cheating stuff...
From India, Pune
gytmxm
Dear Pradepa
Thanks for this wonderful article. You have actually penned down the things every one of sees or come across every day.
Many a times we are not sure how to handle this…or how to deal with it.. but I’m sure your article will definitely be a great help for girls n guys in handling such matters…
Great Job…Hats off to you.. …
Cheers,
Gayatri

From India, Bangalore
anithaganneboina
thanks a lot pradepa its really really heart touching,its exactly happening in my office also i dont know what to do,and how how to tell them exactly,but after reading your article,i sent this article to all my colleagues.atleast they can understand what is right.
Regards
Anitha Ganneboina

From India, Hyderabad
raj_prt

I have been reading all the views expressed here with interest. Almost every post, except a couple of meek ones, seem to suggest that romance (and more) at work place is a bad thing, both for the individuals concerned and the organization alike. Though I suspect one of the main reasons for this is what I would call the typical Indian outlook, I would rather not offer my own views on the subject here. Instead, I am reproducing a published article on the subject here (not mine):

NEW ADDITIONAL WORKING SPOUSE (IN ADDITION TO THE ONE AT HOME)

Working on a tight schedule in an office, 6 days a week, 12 hours a day, and which is the major part a person is awake, has resulted into new relationships being forged at the work place. People as a tendency try to find comfort level in whatever they do or who ever they meet, and same is the position in the office work place and more so which results into a ‘special’ attraction or bond between a male and female colleague. Say for instance Ms. Pooja Nair a 21 year old analyst and her senior Manish Paul, 28 year old, share a beautiful relationship. They spend a major part of the day at their work place, travel together to the nearest distance of their homes, together share their lunch and even go for shopping together, taking into consideration each others likes and dislikes. Though they claim their relations are strictly platonic, they confide in each other, what normally a man would not confide in a woman, try to understand each other, try to be a comfort in each other, as well as support each other, not only in working lines but even otherwise.
This has also resulted into several marriages breaking up for reasons such as, less time spent at home, disliked by their house wives or by their husbands who are at home considering their counter parts’ close relationship in the office. This has resulted into several cases of divorce at the home front and a new bond of marriage as a result of “Office spouse”.
On the office front it has resulted into improvement in productivity, more time and effort being spent by “spouse couples” in the office, resulting into greater productivity. It also ensures greater alertness in the office front due to the presence of the counter part. As organizations have realized, “project spouse” is the key to beating deadlines. For eg: Mansi Shenoy, a 25 year old commercial artist who works for an ad agency. She has been “married” to her office spouse, Rohan Shetty, also 25, for a year now. Mansi feels their hectic work life led them to look out for a parallel support system in each other: “We end up discussing everything that happens in our lives. We have an amazing rapport, and this helps us complete our work ahead of our deadlines”.
Rohan, acknowledges a jump in his performance. “Working with Mansi helps me tremendously, as I can give my best without being worried about future. I know If I go wrong, she will make up for it. Also I am eager to get to work everyday and don’t mind putting in longer houses.
Such like espousing is beneficial to both the organization as well as the employees as long as the personal and professional lines aren’t crossed.
Earlier office romance was looked upon as a “taboo”, but now with the change of time and more openness in the approach, has resulted into greater “office spouses”.
However, interestingly, most real life spouses are now open to such office relationships. For instance, Shreya enjoys a great rapport with Hemants’ wife. Rohit’s girlfriend too knows about his relationship with Soumya. In fact it is Soumya who takes her calls when Rohit is driving.
In the world of spouses, there are just two commandments. “If you desire happiness, discover it at home. If you seek motivation find it in your work place”. As long as you don’t breach other, you are fine. Indeed, you are ready for promotion.
Regards,
Raj

From India, Mumbai
bstriveni

Hi Pradeepa, The detail discussion is really good.I hope all the people who brouse this cite will check and spread the same and avoid misunderstandings. BST
From India
kgoparaju
Good article pradeepa, i appreciate you for taking that much time to share such an informative article.its really really good.
will definetely share this information to all of my collegues and friends.
thank you dear.......

pritam6753
Good one..

I got few querys and add ons!

- what about the other side of coin. Wht if Female employee starts doing the same. As in I have seen that for sake some or other reason (really visible & not so diplomatic).

- Lets see if we get a anti dating policy at work place.. but hey face the reality. ... every one got personal life.. and how many employees do read HR mails and that too such mail which is poking into there personal life. Its really pity when they read it and do "SHIFT + DEL". Also if its a MNC where there are cross cultured environment working on parallel levels.. and every one knows whats happening at other end...then what.

- For married gentelman & womens, of course they are mistaken if they are not committed toward there life and life partners.. that again is personal life. I, as HR can pass the message.. but cannot make them to cross there hearts for not doing so. Betryal is in individual minds followed by cunning intentions.

- You know what employees stick to or ask them in exit interview, if an employee is always kept alone in a group. or is been treated very formally.. ANSWER: I got all toools to do ma job.. I got good perks tooo... but I aint got any friend or friendly environment at this place.. I hope if i could have it..

One example.. a company hired a candidate.. and guess what s/he brought other 10 guys with him.. and contributed like anything.. now the projects are not just meeting deadlines but the productivity has increased like anything... and ofcourse vice versa can happen..

though I have experienced the above.. I brought all cream gang of 5 and they eventually went... Its not good to suggest employees not to be friend with other peers.. (anyways peers is a synonym of Friend)... the punch line is you get healthy competition with lesser politics & play
More over I remember Mr. Murthys words. who in the worl want to feel & stay alone. HAN.! :)

Common ... HR is Human Resource.. Its self explainatory... you got human who have got all types of minds.. some play some dont. . . some listen some don't.. it aint got no limit .. lets deal with it.!

All the Best.

Regards
Pritam

From United States, Fort Worth
Vijaykumar Vyas

Madam, Superb and wise article, the article widen the maturities- one selves can aware and improve their willful and natural (unknowing) behaviors in offices.
I consider the article as a social watch dog!
Thanks for the great sharing!
Vijaykumar Vyas

From India, Hyderabad
Kanchan Sinha

thanks dear!!! the article is not only informative but also heart touching. m sure this happens every where and its really a serious matter which cannot be overlooked. best wishes, Kanchan.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.