No Tags Found!

kraos_1954@yahoo.co.in

Hi,
Change in any clause need to be communicated to all the employees individually or through a notice that too in writing as these are called as service conditions. As per the rule it is to be communicated 45 days in advance, obtain the acknowledgement from the employee before implementing hence you can surrender your leave and get relieved.
Thanks and regards - kameswaro

From India, Hyderabad
tajsateesh

Hello,

Going carefully by your query, looks like you are getting apprehensive that they MAY create a problem. You haven't STILL TALKED to your Employer. Pl correct me if wrong. If I am right, did something happen during your stint with the company for you to be apprehensive? Unless you give the FULL/COMPLETE inputs, pl note that no one may be able to suggest to you the right solution--whatever you get WILL be half-baked advice.

But if your intention is to get prepared for the worst-case-scenario, all who mentioned that these are standard terms in any Contract/Offer Letter are right. In this regard, what Kameswarao mentioned reg the advance notice by any employer before any rules/policies [not just reg the Offer Letter] is correct. Though the right of changing is the prerogative of the Employer, it needs to inform ALL those who will be effected. Better checkup if there were any mails from your HR to this effect earlier.

But also pl remember that all this will be pre-mature if you haven't even spoken to anyone in the Company. Like Amit27 mentioned, the best way to handle is to speak informally with the HR & your manager before looking @ the whole thing anew......then post the situation so that you get the correct / most-apt / practical / realistic suggestions from the forum.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
ranganathmagge
Hello,u were working for a MNC. now u are on bench .
Why are you worried so much ?
Do you have job at hand? just leave and join the new company Rest can be taken care later.Or else search for a job at the earliest and leave.
Do not worry. nothing is done against you in particular in the old MNC
rules cannot be changed for you alone.
lead a simple mental status.
do not think that the MNC intends to gain anything by harassing you.
no body does such things whether a MNC or a indian coy
except single owner ,very small indian establishments
lead a happy career and life.Best of luck.

From India, New Delhi
karthick_raj
HI Guys,
Apart form polices, rules and all other bla bla there is one important thing that is Relationship.
Yes it plays a keyrole in this type of situation.
It is a true fact the the employer can put u in trouble if he wants or he can relieve u immediately
Rules are just to control u but not to hold u and u need to understand that.
My suggestion is dont try to fight or argue or make this as an issue.
The best way is to convience them.Talk with them, explain ur problems.
Show them ur maturity. It really works than anyother thing.
They can change the rules anytime and for anyone they want.
Its in ur manager and also in ur HR's hand.
This is neither my advice nor my suggestion but my Experience.
Regards,
Karthick

From Korea, Seoul
tayals

Normally appointment letters also have clause that Company may it its discretion may ask you to serve the notice period and not allow buy out of notice period. This may be worded in different language in different company.
Please check your appointment letter or policies pertaining to exits announced by the Company. On Various occasions Company change the policies and announce it to people but on such occasion we go back to our appointment letter.
Just ascertain what clause is currently applicable in the organisation.
If there is nothing changed from what is mentioned in the appointment letter then legally Company can not hold the employee if the person is following what he/she is contractually bound to do..
Having said that please speak to your Manager / HR department and some good sense should prevail.. I am sure they may have compelling reason for the decision of not relieving you early. Once you talk to them I am sure you should be able to reason out with them.

From India, Bangalore
apps007
YES FRIEDS i’m on bench, i’ve no work, for two weeks i’m just trying to convince them,i’m begging the begging but no one is listening
From India
apps007
Dear friends
i've no work, i'm on bench, i was honest to tell my manager that i was going to leave and he had promised full cooperation. now, i'm begging them but they are not listening. I'm attaching my offer letter , all plz have a look and
suggest me as i'm going for buyout, lets see if they can stop me. please see then offer letter and suggest me.
lines regarding buyout/notice are underlined

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg offer 2.JPG (128.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg offer 3.JPG (102.8 KB, 21 views)

ashok767
Man....U really need to get your spine in action....what kind of a world are you living in? First, you don't have to BEG.....Second....use your brains and act rationally.....you are not a slave and no one can force u to stay on...get that in to your thick head....
Yes...so what ...there is a clause which states...the company may choose to change rules from time to time....sure...it is their call.....BUT THE IMPORTANT THING IS...THAT THEY NEED TO COMMUNICATE IT TO YOU IN WRITING...EVEN IF IT DOES NOT SAY SO....IT WILL NOT STAND UP IN ANY COURT OF LAW.
If you are so desperate, pack your bags and get out. Send them a letter by registered post if they wont accept a hand delivery and give you an acknowledgement...Check out home much you stand to loose monetarily....they can adjust the amount against the salary due to you and will have to settle in due course.
GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE....

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.