esiramesh

dear

Your primary reponsibility should be to check whether the contractors employees (before they enter the factory premises itself) are covered by him under the act (i.e) whether they have individual insurance number either by the way of holding Temp I-Card (TIC) or Permanent I-Card(PIC). Only this ensures that the contract employees have been registered under ESIC.

In most cases the contractor's firm would have a code number but his employees would not have a individual insurance number issued by ESIC--meaning--these employees have not been registered. Therefore in the event of any accident, ESI would not be able to cover the employees who are not registered with it. Therefore it could not dispense them with any compensation. Thereby the employee would subsequently revoke the provisions of the Workmens Compensation Act. This could have serious financial implications on the company and could even question the role of the HR personnel working for the company. First ensure this, later go to the act of retention of monies from the contractor. Prevention is better than cure.

From India, Madras
pathrudu

Both are statutory payments and are falling under social security legislation voilation of these attracts heavy penalities and in case of accidents or unfore seen things happens the prinicipal employer is responsible for payments under ESI and PF in addition to payment of compensation as applicable.
With regard to liability these payments are to made as under
1.PF-Employer contribution is 12%, and employee contribution is 12% on Basic salary and DA if any,if basic and DA not exists on consolidated payment,or else you have to bifuricate the wages such as Basic,Hra,and other allowences as per company policy.
2.ESI -ESI contributions are to be made on total salary (salary means all payments up to Rs10,000/-)
3.It is only a brief simply paying is not sufficient we have to maintain documents and registears in addition to sendung half /annual returns under both
Patrudu

From India, Hyderabad
prakashpshah

we can deduct the full amount of PF CONTRIBUTION (BOTH) and also ESIC CONTRIBUTION (BOth) from his monthly bill and penal intrest if any

Hr.Singh16
Dear Sir
Could you please give me compleate information and some case studies regarding ESI Act. I have been searching for this since a long time but could not get some satisfactory material. also suggest me some text reading for the same and link of few website to which i can refer to.
With Regards
Priyanka Singh

From India, Jaipur
sumit kumar dutt
I believe, you can make payments and deduct the remittance amount towards ESI & PF from the contractor's bills. Holding payments will not serve any purpose towards compliance to the laws. And to add to it, ultimately any default in payment from the contractor will become a liability of the principal employer as stated in the laws.
Regards
Sumit Kumar

thenextikon@rediffmail.co

Dear,
Please calculate the avg. amount based on previous (ESI/PF) challans paid by the contractor and debit the same to his bill and credit to ESI/PF account.
An excess payment to Esi/PF account doesn't cause any problem. Issue a warning letter and make sure that it doesn't repeat.
need any more info... please feel free to reply....i 2 have dealt with same problem.
Regards,
Sachin M.

From India, Chicalim
sumitk.saxena

Yes, Definately you can hold the payment and deduct the whole contribution from contractor’s bill. sumt
From India, Ghaziabad
SUDIPTA CHAUDHURI

The following things can be done to avoid these statutory complexities:
1. An amout can be deducted from the contractors payment as retention money which can be paid back to him after he has winded up his operation and met the statutory compliance.
SUDIPTA

From India, Calcutta
Madhu.T.K

There is no separate law governing how to manage a contractor. It all depend upon the company's policy. If you are sure that the contractor will deposit all statutory payments in time, you can go ahead with full payment. But to be of safer side, it is always better to keep a portion of amount pending sothat any payments due by the contractor to the government authorities could be recovered easily. How much to be retained shall be worked out taking into account the wages payable to the contractors employee, ESI/ EPF contributions etc. Why don't you retain total bill for at least one month at every stage of payment? Appraise it.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
sudhags

Dear Supriya,
We are Aparajitha Corporate Services (P) Ltd, an emerging leader in the HR-KPO sector, with the PanIndia presence, and having expertise in Labour laws of various states.
Contract Labour Regulatory Services - Our progress is marked with the good and good enough ideas and applicability in regulating the Contract Labours for our prestigious clients.
For further more details, dial up 999 493 9987 to Mr.Rajesh or mail to [IMG]https://www.citehr.com/misc.php?do=email_dev&email=cmFqZXNoQGFwYXJhaml0aG EuY29t[/IMG]
Regards,
Sudha.GS
[IMG]https://www.citehr.com/misc.php?do=email_dev&email=c3VkaGFAYXBhcmFqaXRoYS 5jb20=[/IMG]

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.