Bhowmick Roshmi
Hi, I want to do a project on workplace romance and its impact on organisations.Please guide me in this regard.Also mention hr’s recommendation to handle such situations. Thanking you Roshmi
From India, Calcutta
audnis

Workplace romance: Oh a good article and a must to discuss.

During my career I found two instances of such, and how I handled it I am telling you:

1. Here a typist and an execute amongsts a few group of peoples start open romance and the boy shows interest on the girl. This matter crops up again and again during our lunch time when we all sit together for lunch.

Here there is no shy and cry thing, as both are matured. So the girl is openly telling that she is loving some one so he cannot accept his advances. But still the boy insists, and even asks her for a coffee meeting. This finally comes to me for decision making when both presents their case.

Analysing the situation, I told the boy very clearly that since the girl is quite firm in her decision to marry her school sweet heart and both love each other(that boy infact come to our office also from another state to just meet her) there is no chance for him to press her and insist her in this.

Finally the matter was resolved and she is married to her sweet heart and settled in Goa and have two children and the boy too married elsewhere and now have a kid too.

2. Second instance is quite embarassing: A senior giving advances to a junior and that affects the work. Here the senior is quite equivalent to my rank, and so I had to report to my big boss. But no action has been taken and the matter gone to worst. Both leaving the organization w/o information.

From Saudi Arabia
suhasgoa

There are some organizations that promote marriages amongst emplyees, you could try that perspective too
From India, Madgaon
vkokamthankar

I hope you are serious about your Project Topic. I wonder why you have chosen one.

Most of the Indian Organizations, Managements and Seniors and Our Culture are against Workplace Romance. Some organizations have policy not allowing husband and wife to work in same company / department. In spite of all this few romances do happen. But real challenge is to collect authentic data on the topic. How many Managers will take this topic seriously and be willing to give authentic information on this subject? It is very hard to collect authentic data and information on impact on Organization. There is no point in doing a project without good data and information, though topic sounds very trendy and attractive.

You can possibly write good movie script perhaps but not a project report. All the best.

From India, Pune
bostockhr
HI,
I think the topic is very good. The issue is currently on the ascendency and a lot of companies is facing this problem where surbodinates are being dated/romanced by top excecutives leading to non-performace at work, and also no respect for their immediate bosses.
My worry is how to gather facts to support the project since the very people who should be able to disclose the negative on their organisation might be doers themselves
Please pursue and it will a very good reference material to battle this social cancer
bostockhr

From Ghana
shashanknaharas
Romance in office can really affect the functioning of an office and morale. Because of the same reason, we already had a detailed discussion on this topic.... "flirting in office". You can visit that.
It has a case presented from an office and then everyone contributed their ideas.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.