No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Is it fine if Husband & Wife work in the same organisation for a good relationship?
YES 9 52.94%
NO 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

pmon

Dear Kamal, after reading todays post by you, as you mentioned that the husband heard 'some' colleagues talking abt his wife's undergarments....so its obvious that ne hubby will b taken aback, specially when his wife is nt showing concern to such 'bad comments' made by colleagues,.......(even when he tried to make her concern n aware of them)

So its very natural that the husband will react negatively, coz he cannot let any1 speak badly abt his dear wife. So in this situation its the wife's duty to undrstand her hubby's emotions and b aware of such (specially those) colleagues. And she should somewhat change her behaviour towards (only) them by being reserved , bt at the same time maintaining friedlynes n cooperation....

so that the husband is releived.

Truely speaking initially i help sympathy for the lady, bt nw Kamal after reading your post today, i m feeling sympathy rather fr the husband, coz he is helpless to save his wife's name n fame....

so i think the lady should b cautious..........dat will solve all the prob

From India, Guwahati
sharmila gorde
Hi Kamal,
I feel that you should hear both the employees individually and then take a wise decision. If its going to hamper their relationship, then better get one partner transferred to some other branch office (If any). Anyways, a suspicious behaviour has no medicine and no end to it. If you can afford to lose anyone of them then you can convince either of them to put up the papers... All the best!!!

From India, Mumbai
vivaek

Dear Kamal,
Just check as mentioned by my fellow HR's the problem is with all the male's or with selected ones. Also try to get some feedback on the persons(if few) with whom the problem arises from their department, to find the attitude. Because all the time males are not wrong, the husband would have smelled some rat. Am not supporting the husband, still try to have some idea about both the individuals involved and also try to have a interaction with the female involved and find out the root of the problem. You can do it man, you will do it. All the very best.

From India, New Delhi
deepakraj_b
Husband & Wife working in the same firm..wife is facing problems due to Husband.
First off all Internal policy or company interfering is not required. Because its their personal problems.
They shoud sit together and talk and try to solve it. Why does her husband doesn't want her to talk with others in the office. Is he trying to protect her or he becoming very possessive about her. There should be some strong reason.
Issues can be solved only by discussing.

From India
sughandha
Its a serious issue...there should be a counceling session for both...try to identify the core problem...what i feel that fault is from the both side...so it is very necessory to find out the core problem...for a good relation mutual trust and understanding is very necessory...his aim should be to develop a healthy climate..where both can understand each others problem..may be the problem is very personal which is impacting directly on their work..hr manager should make them understand that...how exactaly they both have to behave..and the need to make healthy relationship....
From India, Ajmer
jasmin_0584
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
very complicated dear but at the same time dear very easy.
as per my thinking concernabt this, i would like to say that wife does not work in the same organisation as husband is there. i do not mean that the wife should work in isolation. But this is the situatin where both's work can be affected and groth may be stopped. If possible husnabd has to ask management to place her wife with him and vise versa. If this may not be possible than being a indian cultured wife, the wife should understand that if my husband does not want particular things from me, than why should i. It does not means that wife has to do whatever husband says but there should be clear and cut UNDERSTANDING TO KNOW EACH OTHER AS WELL AS FAITH.

From India, Surat
samia qamar

Well I do not suppose that the HR has got the responsibility of talking about the spouse relationship. In this particular case, I feel that if there are communication problems caused that has some how suffered the outcomes/objectives of the company, and this has been ongoing for sometime, and the problem has been raised by coworkers or supervisor only then the issue needs to be discussed with the female employee. It should be made clear to her that whatever are the reasons behind it, either she should explicitly mention them perhaps it's is a matter of sexual harassment and if not then she should build better communication/ interpersonal skills in order to work to meet the objectives of the company. She should be made aware of the results and people suffered subject to her lack of communication with colleague(s).
From Pakistan, Islamabad
Bhavna verma
thts depn the company polic and rule if is it possible..
org make rule in a relationship....
thts case is a emotion relation not a professioanl in a org make only professional reational .... ths the good wake to do work relation

From India, Delhi
rajendrajdhv

Dear Roy,
You have totally missed the point.It is the HR of the organisation who wants advice on how to handle the situation amicably.There is absolutely no need to go into the matrimonial life of the couple and sermon the gentle lady about the action she should take and go as far as a divorce.You should refrain from giving such wrongful advice.
Rajendra

From India, Pune
kamal_amrohi
Dear all,
Thanks a lot for your response.
But still I haven't got a conclusion.
As a professional what we have to do?
I don't want to interfere in their personal life and they too don't want anyone to interfere in their personal life.Both are from different departments and are important to us.Our management will not be interested to send them to some different offices,as we dont have any operations in India.Its all abroad.
The Husband has come up with a resignation,but the Management don't want to loose him.
So shall we accept or not?
Regards,
Kamal Amrohi

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.