No Tags Found!

Amith R Murthy

Dear Swathi,
Well i would say the same again great try. But when the 1st Batsman hits four of first ball it will be only 4 runs for him and No Ball run will be counted only to the batting side and when it takes single of next ball he will remain not out on 99 and will not reach 100...........
Regards
Amith R.

From India, Bangalore
supriyamanocha

Hi Chandrakant,
According to your answer:
"Ball 1 = 4 runs
Ball 2 = Wide ball + 2 runs
Bats man 1 =100 runs
Ball 2 = bys bats man cross 1 run to team.".....

Match would end here only my dear since only 7 runs are required...

From India, New Delhi
beniwalneer
hi , am neer ans: first batsman scored six on first ball & second ball is no ball & batsaman took single run then second batsman score six or max four + two runs. Tell me it is right or not ??

supriyamanocha

Hi Amit... u have assumed the shortened innings of the batsman and i have assumed shortened match due to rain.... !!!! :)
From India, New Delhi
beniwalneer
first batsman scored six on first ball & second ball is no ball & batsaman took single run (leg by ) which is not count on players account.

mashmahesh

It seems Supriya and amar are right. Special congrats to amar bcz U came up with a diff. solution. More answers may be there... Try out .... GOOD luck.
From India, Pune
Amith R Murthy

Dear Supriya,
Yes you are right. Infact i am thinking about your first possiblity. Anyways great try and keep posting if you get any other options.......
Thanks Mahesh, will certainly try to come out with different solutions and if we do get we will post it.
Regards
Amith R.

From India, Bangalore
Amith R Murthy

Dear Beniwalneer,
Well in your case also if first ball goes for a SIX and second is a NO BALL than the match would end and the second batsman will not get a chance to complete his 100. Never the less great try which is important...........
Regards
Amith R.

From India, Bangalore
supriyamanocha

What if the situation is "2 balls left instead of 3"??? can anybody suggest any other options than suggested by me???
From India, New Delhi
mashmahesh

Thanks supriya for thinking out of the BOX…. Good question…!

But for my previous Q many answers came…. Thanks for all who replied. Some of the answers are given..
  • 1st ball:wide and a 4.
    total now is 5 runs.
    2ball:the batsman takes a single.total s 6 runs

3rd ball:the 2nd batsman on strike scores a six n hence he gets his century.
    so both get their centuries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hope i guessed it rite............
Note: Here the wide goes to Team not batsman. So criteria of both batsman hitting 100 is not met..

Another answer was

Batsman A who's score is 94 scores and reached his hundred. (If the ball hits the bat and then the helmet placed behind the keeper, the batsman is awarded 5 runs)

Batsman B now at the crease.The bowler is going to bowl the last ball of the innings.Team needs 1 run to win and the batsman hits a huge six and got up his hundred.what a winning moment !

Note: Many answers include:
- No-balls. Even one no-ball will mean that the match is over as soon as one batsman gets his century, not giving the other one a chance.
- Ball hitting a helmet on field. The batting team would be awarded five penalty runs which are awarded as extras, not to the batsman's score.

Now Let us come to supriya’s Question

- 7 to win, 2 balls to go, Batsman A (94*) on strike:
Ball is struck, the batsmen run three, but one is disallowed as an accidental short run (because one of the batsmen accidentally fails to make his ground before turning and running back). The fielder chasing the ball then tries to return the ball to the wicket-keeper (the ball is still live at this point) but the keeper doesn't get hold of it and the ball continues to the boundary for four overthrows. Thus the batsman scores six for his century and Batsman B is now at the crease.
- 1 to win, 1 ball to go, Batsman B (94*) on strike:
Ball is hit for six. Batsman B gets his century and his team wins the match.

In another way : Batsman A takes 7runs by running out of which he unintentionally makes a shortrun. It gives only 6 countable runs. A moves to nonstriking end, A finishes his ton, and his team requires 1more run to win...

Now, B does what he needs to do to finish his 100 runs and what his team requires

Note - the short run must be accidental, since in an intentional short run, all runs are disallowed.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.