ramavajjala.sowmi

Dear Seniors,

Firstly, I would like to thank one and all for giving your valuable suggestions for my posts.

Hoping that you will suggest me in this one too I am posting a query;
I would like to know regarding the Components like BASIC,PF,ESI,HRA , in regard with an employee getting absent for 5 days of LOP.
Will the above components gets affected or will be static with only difference in the term LOP in the Deductions column.

Please suggest me which one of the below calculations is correct;
If CTC is Rs.1,20,000 and Monthly Gross is Rs 10,000/-
1) Basic (50%)= 5,000 PF(12%)= 600
HRA (50% of Basic)= 2,500 ESI(1.75%)=175
Conveyance= 1,500 (fixed) LOP(5 Days)=1665
Other Allowances= 1,000
Total Earnings= 10,000 Total Deductions=2440
Net Pay= 7,560

Or

If LOP of 5 days is deducted from Gross pay per month then Rs 8,335(10,000-1665)
2) Basic (50%)= 4,168 PF(12%)= 500
HRA (50% of Basic)= 2,084 ESI(1.75%)=146
Conveyance= 1,500 (fixed)
Other Allowances= 583
Total Earnings= 8,335 Total Deductions=646

Net Pay= 7,689

Please suggest me which one is correct methodology.

Regards,

Sowmya R

From India, Hyderabad
pon1965

sowmya, when LOP takes place, you need not show the deductions for the LOP period in separate column. You can show the No. of working days in the payslip. I think No. 2 is correct. pon
From India, Lucknow
s_sarkar

Dear Sowmya, Pon is right. LOP is not required to show in Payroll. Your second option is correct.
From India, Calcutta
ramavajjala.sowmi

Dear Pon and Sarkar,
Thanks so much for the suggestions.Also, would like to know, if an employees pay is Rs16,000/- per month and if he is paid for ,say a 12 days. Then, in this case does he fall under ESI Slab or not. According to ESI applicability , an employee <= Rs15,000 is eligible but here I am confused.
Hope, you would suggest me how to go about this.
Cheers!! Have a good Day..
Regards,
Sowmya R

From India, Hyderabad
pon1965

Sowmya, The employee is not covered under ESI as he/she is above the threshold limit of 15000. LOP or any other deductions do not count for determining the applicability of ESI coverage. pon
From India, Lucknow
jeevarathnam

Dear Sowmya If employees salary is above 16000/- then he is not covered under ESI. Due to LOP even if wages is lesser than 15000/- no need to cover under ESI. Regards
From India, Bangalore
JAYA LAKSHMI AKULA

Hi Seniors, Is it correct? basic will affect because of LOP in the particular month. Regards, Jaya
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.