No Tags Found!

yakkin
Dear All ,
I have 13 years of work experience.
Its almost 1 year that i left my last job to explore a business opportunity , some how due to mkt scenerio it didnt workout succesful .....now again planning to get bk to job.
Its a common question by interviewer - whats the gurantee that you would nt quit again to start own business .

Pls help how to answer this .
Yakkin

From India, Delhi
nashbramhall

Tell that on reflection you were not cut out for starting/running your own business and that's why you are looking for the job. If you know anything about Kolb's Learning Cycle use to that to explain your thinking.
From United Kingdom
Cite Contribution

Greetings,

I agree with Simham, please highlight your learning that you have gained as an entrepreneur and how it can be of use to your future employers. Infact entrepreneurs are first choice when a company hires for a business unit lead. But then you do have a stigma of not being able to make your venture work. Please share your learning honestly including what made you try it and why you have decided it’s not the area for you. Do not focus on what did not work, but how you can make it work for your employer. Suppose you started a logistics business. You have always been good in operation hence started the business. But went bust in few months. Apart from recession , you have reasons such as a wider network support , large investment and lock-in periods for payment which is easily available for a large company but not to a first timer. Now that you had to run a business, you understand the cost-benefit ratio than anyone else amongst your peers. Hence can work better to ensure profits.

Wish you all the best.

Regards,

(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.