No Tags Found!

May Cheng
I signed a two-year contract job during my undergraduate studies in a pharmacy retail shop in Malaysia so that I could work for the company after graduation. I am doing so because they agreed and allowed me to do a part-time job during my semester break. They allow me to do part-time work for the long semester break (two months) but do not allow me to do it for a short period (one month). Can I cancel the contract after I signed without compensation, as stated in the contract?
From Malaysia, Petaling Jaya
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

In general the Employer - Employee relationship commences only when the employee reports to work at Employer's place and take up the assignment. Mere signing of any offer letter or agreement will not bind the employee. You may just communicate to the employer about your inability to take up the assignment quoting some valid reasons.

The above is only a general comment. You may seek legal advise with local Labour Law Consultant at Malaysia as Labour Laws are different from Country to Country.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.