Mahesh Koli
Sir, I wrote a complaint email to company's top management against harassment of hr managers for payment issues and illegal transfer orders and kept government labour department officers in cc. I just want to ask that on this behaviour can the company file a case against me for complaining over email
From India, Navi Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

You have already sent a mail to the top management marking copy to the labour officer. You should have asked this question before doing it. If you had any grievance you can very well escalate the matter to the top management, but you should not put the Labour officer into loop. Though the management cannot initiate any legal action for this, you will be under surveillance always. If there were issues like non payment or delayed payment of salary, then the Labour officer can intervene and conduct an inspection. If he comes for inspection he can find a number of non compliances, and if that happens, the entire blame will be on you. Sure, for your act of mailing your grievances you will not be terminated but you can expect a punishment which may even make pecuniary loss to you. The Officer will not interfere in your transfer issues. But the management can transfer you. The Officer can say that salary should be paid in time but will not say that you should be given a good salary hike. Anyway, you did wrong.
From India, Kannur
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mahesh Koli,

You have raised a query on this forum but your post does not provide sufficient information. Please confirm to us the following:

a) In what department do you work? What is your designation?
b) What is the meaning of "harassment of hr managers for payment issues and illegal transfer orders"? Who is harassing the HR Managers? What are the payment issues and why do you say the transfer orders are illegal?
c) Was this your first email, or did you complain to the authorities concerned earlier also? Was the previous complaint in writing or made verbally? if the complaint was made earlier, then what was their reaction?
d) Why did you mark CC of the email to the labour department? What was in your mind while doing that?

There are many issues associated with your post. Please provide us with complete information. It would not be fair on our part to provide advice on incomplete information.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
NK SUNDARAM

If you do or indulge in any act,
which is beyond your role and responsibility, it is against company's guidelines on various policies. Obviously, it looks like you are trying to act smart but now regretting the steps you took when the situation becomes hot for you. Always think before you act, consult seniors about implications. Like our learned professional Mr. Madhu has mentioned, you should have thought of these long before you pressed the Send button !

From India
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Your action and conduct is very much fall under misconduct.
I can not say what your management is considering over this matter for action upon you. You have been out of premises, provided in my management because that is the only option before any conscious management. This may be an harsh reply but......... mostly followed action.

From India, Mumbai
tejasthakaria5700@gmail.com

This time management will not take any action against you but for sure they will be act like cat means you will be under surveillance and if they get any reason,they will take unpleasant action against you.
From India, Delhi
Mahesh Koli
Sir please find my email sent details mentioned below i have hide company identity as company name

Respected SIr

As your kind self is aware, I have been serving our reputed organization "company name" as Computer Operator since the last 18 + years along with 7 other workmen of my union. I have been discharging all my duties and responsibilities to the best of my abilities and have a good track record in all aspects. Also I like to bring to your notice that we are working here before"company name" contract since Sept 1997 and "company name(contract from 2006) has not appointed us , as per 20 years principal employer contract clause mentioned in agreement its clearly mentioned in work order that upcoming contractor has to continue us and thus we are working there since 26 years. Also we are local residents from city name area.

Now situation is going worse for us as we are harassed by your HR department (manager names) they threatening and forcing us to resign us from service and when we denied this they issue us transfer order to other state which is pure threatening and illegal because your management has not appointed us and no appointment letter was given to us .

From 1st February 2024 they denied company entry to us also some other workers of another union who were working in a same company unit without any valid reason .

They are intentionally continue to give us less salary compared to other union workers despite having the same agreement and the same category .

We have strong apprehension that Management has deliberately not been making the full amount of payment since Sept. 2021 to show favoritism or partiality to one 'set' of workers regardless of merit and by way of victimization.

Behalf of my other 7 workmen I request all of you to look into this matter and take strict action against financial and mental harassment from the HR department towards us and to make full total balance of payment to the concerned 7 Unionized Workmen immediately.

Thanking you,

Yours Truly,

From India, Navi Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

It may be true that the situation is not good in your company, and if the HR has been antagonist you can definitely escalate the matter to the higher authorities. But as I said earlier, you should not have marked a copy to the Labour Officer. True, you can take it to that level but that should be done after the discussions around the office table fail. The Labour Officer may ignore the mail, but the management will take it seriously. That will close the doors for a friendly discussion to arrive at a conclusion.
From India, Kannur
Mahesh Koli
As per your suggestion MADHU TK we already approach two time to our MD regarding this problem and told him about this situation but no relief from them and when HR manager find that we approach to MD about our problem he called me and confiscated my ID in front of all office staff from that next 12 days i was attending office on visitor pass later when i send email regarding this to MD and HR he then return my ID to security staff and that staff return my ID , i want to ask is this right way to treat a employee who is working from 26 years i have all the proof also he is intentionally giving us less payment than our juniors despite having same agreement and same positions we also raised this issue through our union in labour office ALC also. but no relief from there also on less payment issue. and we can not tolerate this and we are already out of company premises also stop our biometric attendance since 01 feb ,so i made this decision to file complaint over email . i am not afraid about my decision i share this issue in front of you all to be ready for future reply.
that's all.
thanks n regards

From India, Navi Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.