No Tags Found!


An employee had worked in an organisation for 12 years. During 12 years service period, he had completed 240 days only in four years, rest duration his working days was below 240 days in every year.
Is he entitled for gratuity for 12 years service period ?

From India, Calcutta

If the service break was recorded then he will not get gratuity. What is required is the employee should be in service. An employee will be in service even if he is not employed. If the service is broken by way of a letter, then he will lose gratuity. At the same time, the employee will be in service but during 12 months, he may be employed only for less than 240 days. In such eventuality, the employee is deemed to be in service and he will be entitled to get gratuity.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.