Hi, I want an F n F letter from my previous company. I have paid them for the unserved notice period and also they have given me a gratuity. My current company is asking me to get a letter on letterhead stating F n F done. I need a draft of the letter which I can ask the previous company to make. Since only once i can get it I need nothing to be missed out. Does anyone have a draft?
From India
Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Sidhu Bhai
Hr Lead

Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sharu,

Did the company issue "Service-cum-Employment" certificate to you? Anyway, the draft of the letter could be as below:


Date: -

From: -

Ms __________
_____________ (address)

Issue of No Due Certificate

Dear Sir,

1. I am an ex-employee of _________ (complete name of the company). The details of my employment were as below:

a) Employee No: -
b) Date of Joining: -
c) Designation: -
d) Last working Day: -

2. My current employer _______ (complete name of the current company) has directed me to acquire a certificate that shows I am not due to pay anything to the past company. It will be a simple certificate and the format prescribed by them is placed in Appendix 'A' of this application.

3. In view of this, may I request you to issue me the certificate and oblige?

Warm regards,

________ (your signature)


Appendix 'A'

Date: -

To Whomsoever it may Concern

1. This is to certify that Ms _____ (your complete name) was an employee of this company from ______ (DOJ) to _____ (LWD). Her employee number was ___ and the designation while leaving service was _______.

2. It is certified that the employee has been paid the terminal dues. The employee vetted the computation and expressed her satisfaction with the calculation.

3. The employee did not serve the notice period as per the terms mentioned in the appointment letter issued to her. However, the employee has made a payment in lieu of the unserved notice period and no dues are pending from her side. Otherwise, as a part of our office procedure, she has obtained clearance from the departments concerned and she has cleared the dues against her if any.

4. This certificate has been issued upon her request so that she can furnish it to the future employer.

________(signature of the signatory)
________(name of the signatory)


Note the following : -

1. Fill in the blanks wherever necessary.
2. After typing paragraph number, hit the tab button
3. While typing, the words "Appendix 'A'" should come on the right side.
4. Do not forget to endorse a round seal on the certificate.


Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Sidhu bhai

Hi, Simply get your relieving letter from previous comp & submit to current comp. You can request your previous comp.
From India, Bhubaneswar
Lately many employees are taking sick leaves due to which work hampers. How do we control it with keeping in consideration of work & employee.
From India
Whilst most organizations have a policy of No Leaves during the notice period, at the same time its very much possible that an employee on the notice period may fall sick. At such time, it is purely the call of the HR or the PD team based on the approval done on presentation of requisite documents by his / her Reporting Manager.

As per me, organization should permit employees on Notice period to avail Sick Leaves during the notice period, subjected to the transparency / genuienity of the requests as the Sick Leaves are bound to get lapsed as they are not entitled for reimbursement

From India, Chennai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server