Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Hr Manager
Hr Professional
Asst Engineer

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I'm working in a private limited company .As my company is going to close in few months.But i have a two months earned leave. They are not willing to pay the amount to the employees. Is there any act in Labour Rules to get my leave encashment.Pls guide me.
Thank You ..

From India, Chennai
Encashment of leave is purely a subject matter and shall be as per Leave encashment policy of your company. Normally in private companies leave encashment will not be made, except very established companies like Ashok Leyland, ITC, TATA... etc.
Try to speak your company's HR and seek his help. May be he can opt some ways which can help you.

From India, Aizawl
Dear Renu,
If you are a 'worker' u/s 2(l) of the Factories Act, 1948 or a 'person employed' under any State Shops and Establishments Act, the EL/PL at credit subject to the statutory accumulation limit respectively forms part of the terminal benefit. Therefore, encashment of EL on the termination of employment for whatever reason is mandatory only in case of termination of such category of employees.
In any other case, it depends on the terms of the contract of employment or the policy of the organization.

From India, Salem
As rightly discussed above, there is no specific relief for you under law if you are categorized as officer or executive. However, you may approach your CEO or Operations head to get clarity on this matter. Unless the company is ethically strong, these matters are not transparently kept by many companies.
From India, Visakhapatnam
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™