Hello, I have a one Doubt in EPF. One of my employee had one EPF Account No Eg: No 95 (Contribution paid in this no for Six Month)(Before UAN Allocation) Then his Account no has changed as 127 after UAN. Now he is coming for settlement.
His contribution amount for those 6 month has not reflect in his pass UAN Passbook. In this stage what i have to do to deal it?
Kindly give your guidance to solve this problem.

From India, Chennai
Dear Gayathri,
This is bit tricky. You need to have KYC done for both accounts. One with UAN is easily done through EPF portal. The another which does not have UAN need to have manual form filling and submission to be done. Employee needs to fill out transfer / withdrawal form, attaching kyc documents along with cancelled cheque. Account without UAN is difficult to withdraw, because when UAN were generated, all PF accounts were linked to UANs.
One thing which I am confused is how did the PF account number changed when UAN were allocated. I think this was treated as new employee and hence new number is generated.
One way is to link both the accounts and another way is to do separate withdrawals (one online and another with hard-copy). Both the ways are going to have challenges and definitely will take time and followups.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server