What has happened to you is unfortunate. When one gets tossed around even within the department, then one's psychological well-being is bound to get disturbed. I empathise with your situation. Nevertheless, my suggestion is just to pull on since you say that it is a "reputed" organisation. Please note that each passing day adds value to your CV. Getting a job is difficult. Getting a job in a branded company is still more difficult. Therefore, my recommendation is to accept pleasingly what comes in your path.
One should devote to oneself to work. However, this alone is not sufficient. Consider yourself as a facilitator who facilitates HOD in the smooth working of his department. Therefore, devote yourself to your HOD as well. If you make a shift in your mindset, it will reduce ill feeling in your mind for being thwarted in attaining your goals.
General comments: - Whenever junior's work activity is changed even within the department, it merits taking junior into confidence. The interesting thing about this post is that it has come from a junior in HR Department. HOD of HR Department has mishandled the situation. Far from counselling the employee on the need to accept what comes in his path, he exploded with his emotions. HR professionals have a penchant for talking about employee engagement, emotional intelligence and so on. But when it comes to implementing these theories at their workplace, they abandon the theories. This is a classic example of it. With this type of behaviour, can the originator of this post engage with his work or his company? It is a point to ponder.
This is the very good opportunity for you, I had overcome this situation with below steps which may be helpful for you.
1. First understand the concept of payroll (Attendance, Earnings, Deductions, Statutory Compliances like PF,ESI,TDS,PT).
2. For your reference search it in Cite HR, CA Club and youtube for getting the knowledge on different practices.
3. After that understand the salary structure of your present company.
4. Take the last 6 months attendance and Raw salary sheet and start processing the salary.
5. Cross check your output with the actual I am sure you can become an expert.
Keep it in mind that never repeats the mistake which you did it earlier.
With Best Regards
Do a detailed research about the roles and responsibilities of that specific post in your organization.
Then learn and practice to effectively complete your tasks. Colleagues, google and YouTube can really help.
Have patience and act smart.
Human Resource Department is multi-task department, varies from start up to big companies.
Human Resource team plays a different roles like:
1) To implement HR Policies and Procedures
2) Strategy for action
4) Training and Development
5) Manpower Planning
6) Compensation (Payroll)
7) Domestic Rules and Legal
8) HR Audit
9) Statutory and compliance etc.
You have been assigned the Payroll, next time if your performance is better, additional responsibilities will be given to you. Focus on your work and every assignment is important. Delay in work is dangerous. Learning helps you to grow your earning and relationship. Some time there are difficult tasks you feel, but think that this is an opportunity for you to work, and do your best.
In case you have any further question, please feel free to call 9213379111
You should be ready always for new learning.
As you are HR person, so what if your company deployed you in Pay roll division, that is a core work of HR domain.
You should enjoy work or leave the HR field. And do some clerical work.
As you said in any company, basing on the requirement, the superiors used to shift from other place to other place to smooth functioning of the department. First you should understand that Recruitment, Training & Development and pay roll etc. come under the HR Department only.
When you are getting opportunity to strengthen your HR activities, please do welcome and do efficiently and properly. Some times, our superiors instruct to do other department activities also at that time you may reject and ask your boss your problem.
We wish you all the best dear.
AGM - HR & IR
Please mention your name.
Understood your concern. See, you have mentioned that you have only 5 months experience. As a beginner you can not be choosy. Pay roll, compensation management is an important area in HR. Try to catch the gamut of it. Then move forward to other areas of HR
All the best.
One of the major elements of human resource is payroll processing which involves processing the salary of each of the employees working in the company in a timely and accurate manner. There are many aspects which an HR needs to contribute to Payroll
- Payroll is a process of calculation of employee wages and salaries which is recurring in every month/week.
- HR's role comes in the picture right from the joining of the employee, designing of salary structures.
- Then checking attendance, leave balances against leaves taken. Then the calculation of gross wages as per leaves deductions.
- Then HR needs to take care of statutory compliance like PF, ESI, PT deductions.
- So these compliances are deducted from employee wages/ salaries.
- There might be other deductions including loan, mobile expenditure, loss of company property by employees, which are always under HR's control.
- When an employee leaves the company, his/her full and final amount calculation, removing the name of the employee from payroll calculation is a responsibility of an HR.
Firstly have you decided in which stream do you want to get into Hr?
as you said you were put into recruitment and then learning and development and now payroll.
I personally think its a great opportunity i.e you are a fresher + employed in a reputed company + you are being trained in all departments of HR.
I would advise you, give it a little more time. Understand which stream of Hr are you interested in. Secondly be positive towards enhancing your knowledge.
Please try to be patient and based on your interest and capabilities you will be put in the right department. Gain good experience and accumulate knowledge you will soon find the position you seek.
Be more positive , you are getting exposed to different areas of HR. You should prove that you are the best in coming days so that he can look at you for what he was not.
<a href="http://www.skillhuntc.com">HR Consulting</a> .