The reply is as under:-
1. Whether they can extend my notice period or not ? As per Act yes.
2. If they can consider as LOP these 5 days, Why i have to extend ? -- It is your choice.
3. Right now i don't want to continue my notice period, can i serve 50 days notice period (with notice recovery of 10 days ) or not. They can.
2nd April 2019 From India, Delhi
1. Yes, they can extend your Notice period.
2. You can discuss whether you need to extend your Notice period by 5 days or not with your HR. Notice period is to be served so that the company can hire your replacement in that time period and also your responsibilities can be transferred to your replacement.
3. You can discuss with your HR if you want to serve Notice period for less days than what is required.
6th April 2019 From India, Ludhiana
It depends on the terms of employment. Please check your appointment order. Some Companies give the option of either one month notice or forfeit in lieu thereof the gross pay for one month or pro rated for the period by which such notice fall short of 1 month. In general the purpose of notice period is to hand over and it is advised to avoid leaves and if availed on unavoidable circumstances, discuss with HR and be open for lop of extension of notice period based on the work. In general please ensure smooth separation from employer which is going to be beneficial for the individual.
11th April 2019 From India, Madras