PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
The Chairman of our Gratuity Trust is retiring; he wants to submit the Form I, 30 days in advance before retiring. Should we wait for the transfer of Chairmanship from him to another person before we act on this.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I think most of the employers process the papers atleast 1-3 months in advance before the superannuation date. However the actual payment would be dated either the last working day or the next date after superannuation. In fact state & central govt./PSU offices issued strict instructions to process F&F atleast 3 months in adv. Hence pvt.firms also should act like this, if they are not doing like this so far. Of course you might have doubt about their attendance/leave a/c etc. This should be computed on assumed attendance and tackled/reworked, if necessary, as per data on the last day in service. In your case, either vice-chairman or any one authorised officer should be asked to approve on the last date, if he/she is not handing over charge before the last day, after proper scrutiny as per laid down procedures/rules applicable.
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™