Dear Freinds, My Previous Employer show the Gratuity in My CTC Part. & after that deduct gratuity amount from my Salary. I also talk to HR but he don't give any reply. Whenever after complete the Job 3 year & 6 months i resigned from Job . At the time of Full & final payment employer not agree to give my deduction amout of Gratuity & say me you not complete five year so you can not get gratuity payment.
What i can do, Can i take any legal action about this - from last three years employer don't clear my dues.
Pls suggest me what i can do legally for take the payment.
4th January 2019 From India, Himmatnagar
Dear Sudhir
If the said Gratuity amount was mentioned as part of your committed CTC the same shall be paid you at the time of separation, if not as Gratuity as "ex-gratia" the difference will be that it will attract IT.
You can take it up with labour office of your area or issue a notice through an advocate, probability of yours succeeding is unpredictable.
Shailesh Parikh
99 98 97 10 65
4th January 2019 From India, Mumbai
Dear Sudhir,
Even if the employer shows the gratuity amount as a part of your Total Cost to the Company; you can not claim it before completing 5 years of continuous service. As long as employer is not deducting the Gratuity amount from your wages; there is no problem.
4th January 2019 From India, Delhi
Yes, I agree with Mr.Rahul.
As per gratuity act an employee has put in a continuous service of five years to claim gratuity.
If any amount is deducted from monthly salary of the employee towards gratuity by the employer, it is illegal.
5th January 2019 From India, Hyderabad
Dear Sudhir,
I give you an example.
Let an employee X working under the employer Y from 01.01.2010 to 30.09.2014 with Rs. 20,000/- gross salary. He has contributed total 3 yr 9 months service to the company. Hence Mr. X is not eligible for gratuity as per the Act.
But if, the he would have completed 5 years, then his gratuity amount would be Rs. 57,692/- [15*20,000*5)/26] i.e. Rs. 962/- per month.
The employer may have included this amount (approx. Rs. 1,000/-)with his salary the gross as Rs. 21,000/-. But Mr. X might thought that his salary is Rs. 21,000/month and calculated that for the service of 3 years and 9 months, the employer have deducted his gratuity amount of Rs. 43,270/- (Rs. 962/- * 45 month).
But this deduction is not illegal.
This is only a perception. Kindly do not take it in your part.
Rakesh Kumar Sahoo
5th January 2019 From India, Brahmapur
Whether any deduction has happened to your monthly wages on account of gratuity? If yes, then you are eligible to get back the amount from your Previous Employer. If they do not release you may raise a complaint before labour department.
You would not get anything if there is no deduction. The Gratuity shown as part of CTC is something different, if not any deduction happened on account of gratuity from your Salary.
7th January 2019 From India, Mumbai
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™